[comp.sys.next] Voice Talk

pm2e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Paul T. Moran) (02/10/91)

Are there any programs that allow you to talk over the network by
voice instead of text -- to make your NeXT into a telephone?

It would be especially nice if you did not have to set the "public sound
server" on so that only the person you are talking to would receive what
your mic hears.

Paul...

weigele@rzsun1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Martin Weigele) (02/11/91)

pm2e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Paul T. Moran) writes:

>Are there any programs that allow you to talk over the network by
>voice instead of text -- to make your NeXT into a telephone?

>It would be especially nice if you did not have to set the "public sound
>server" on so that only the person you are talking to would receive what
>your mic hears.

>Paul...

I heard some rumours there might be ISDN-based communication products,
which are to be presented at the Hannover CeBit fair in Germany this
march. But this is about all the info I have (so don't ask me). By
the use of ISDN, voice instead of text should be naturally possible.
At least "in principle".

Martin