[comp.sys.next] Diagram! and word processing

tom@shark.cs.fau.edu (Thomas B. Horton) (02/08/91)

A question about Diagram!:  can anyone tell me whether drawings created
with this program can be incorporated into documents produced with
WriteNow, TeX and Frame?

The favorable review of Diagram! in NeXTworld didn't mention anything
along these lines.   The review was very positive, for those who haven't
seen it.  And I'd like to add my praises to Lighthouse Design for the
way they're handling orders from the educational world.

Tom

Dr. Thomas B. Horton
Department of Computer Science
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, FL 33431  USA        Phone:  407/367-2674   FAX: 407/367-2800
Internet:  tom@cs.fau.edu        Bitnet: HortonT@fauvax
--

rock@lighthouse.com (02/09/91)

In message <1991Feb08.045635.12462@cs.fau.edu> tom@shark.cs.fau.edu
(Thomas B. Horton) writes:

>A question about Diagram!:  can anyone tell me whether drawings created
>with this program can be incorporated into documents produced with
>WriteNow, TeX and Frame?

You can copy graphics out of Diagram! and paste them into any standard
NeXT application. Diagram! pastes TIFF or EPS formats. (You can also
go the other way and copy graphics out of any standard NeXT
application and paste them into a Diagram! diagram.)

In addition, you can use the Save To command to save whole documents
to either TIFF or EPS formats.

Roger

ly@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Eric Ly) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb08.045635.12462@cs.fau.edu> tom@shark.cs.fau.edu (Thomas B. Horton) writes:
>A question about Diagram!:  can anyone tell me whether drawings created
>with this program can be incorporated into documents produced with
>WriteNow, TeX and Frame?

Yes, Diagram! allows you to generate Encapsulated PostScript files
that can be placed or included into WriteNow, Frame or TeX dcouments.
In WriteNow, you can even copy and paste graphics from Diagram! into a
document directly.

						Eric Ly
						Stanford University

tom@shark.cs.fau.edu (Thomas B. Horton) (02/12/91)

I called NeXTconnection about getting Diagram! under the cheap prices for
educators and students, and they said this program wouldn't really be ready
until March.   So hold your calls until then.

I had asked on the net if pictures created by Diagram! could be included in
WriteNow, FrameMaker and TeX output.  The answer is "yes"; here are some of
the responses I received: