[comp.sys.next] Gemini for TOS 1.0

tech002@ucsci.UCSC.EDU (10020002) (02/12/91)

I was recently visiting a friend with a Mega 2 and he had the Gemini
desktop installed on his computer.  It seemed like a nice little Shareware
program so I copied it from him because I wanted to run it on my 1040.
It wouldn't work.  Someone told me that it was because there was a problem
with it running under TOS 1.0 (the author used some call nonexistant in the
earlier TOS, or something)  My question is if there is a version that will
work and if so, where might I find it on the net (FTP)?  Thank's for
help.

Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me find
a LHARC program for UNIX.

       Roman Baker
       University of California, Santa Cruz

warwick@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (02/12/91)

In <12184@darkstar.ucsc.edu> tech002@ucsci.UCSC.EDU (10020002) writes:

Re GEMINI...
> I wanted to run it on my 1040.
> It wouldn't work.

	Well, 10020002, :-), I have an ST with old ROMs, and I use the
VENUS program that comes with GEMINI.  Just run MUPFEL (a CLI), then run
VENUS from within MUPFEL, and walla! you have a new desktop.  I have no
idea how similar it is to the GEMINI desktop, but I think they even use
the same .RSC file, so they can't be that different!

>work and if so, where might I find it on the net (FTP)?  Thank's for
>help.

	atari.archive has it, I think in the applications directory, but
I'm really not sure - just look around there for it.

>Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me find
>a LHARC program for UNIX.

(see my other post)

C'ya,
Warwick.
--
   _  |\	warwick@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
  / `-' *  <--	Computer Science Department,