[comp.sys.next] badly crippled '040 Cube!

isbell@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Art Isbell) (02/11/91)

In article <12150@darkstar.ucsc.edu> isbell@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Art Isbell) writes:

>just as Edit did.  When I try to log out, I get a Warning panel saying that an
>internal Workspace error (#3007) has occurred.  The panel warns about

Because I cannot run Librarian, I have limited access to NeXT documentation.
Does anyone know what this error might mean?

>Feb 10 10:49:05 localhost Edit[259]: Pasteboard lookup failed on host localhost: (Netnameserver: name not checked in)
>Feb 10 10:49:42 localhost Workspace[171]: App Kit: Pasteboard Mach messaging error #-102, in (null pointer)

These are examples of the only messages that seem to be unusual.  Can anyone
explain what they mean or how to solve the problem(s) that they indicate?

Thanks to Doug Brenner and Mark Adler who took the time to think about and
respond to my appeal for help.  No thanks to Mr. Wo who wasted bandwidth by
flaming me for wasting bandwidth by posting system messages in full and for
changing the user account directory to a non-standard directory, Users (his
email was directed to /dev/null so fast that I don't remember his full name).

Doug's and Mark's suggestions haven't solved the problem, so please keep your
thinking caps on :-)
--
                                          _____   ____
Art Isbell                 |\   |         |    |  |   \   315 Moon Meadow Lane

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (02/12/91)

In article <12162@darkstar.ucsc.edu> isbell@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Art Isbell) writes:
>changing the user account directory to a non-standard directory, Users (his

/Users IS the standart directory for user accounts if you have more
than a handful and don't want to clobber your / directory.
See Network and System Administration manual 2.0 edition on page 41.

Ronald

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."   G.B. Shaw   |  rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet