[comp.sys.next] NeXT sound => SPARC sound

nwc@galileo.shearson.com (Nick Christopher) (02/07/91)

I recorded some sounds on my NeXt with sound edit, played them and they sounded great. I
brought them into work and played them on my SPARCstation 2 and a funny thing
happened. Each one had a missing chuck about 2-3 seconds in. They rest played
fine but about 2-3 seconds in a piece disappeared ( about 3-4 seconds worth).
Maybe the disk I brought them in on had a bad blocks?!?.... but could this have
something to due with how the NeXT stores sound?

--
 \n
 	Nicholas Christopher (212) 464-3837

[bogus "comp" Distribution: removed]
In article <NWC.91Feb6120455@galileo.shearson.com>
	nwc@sisyphus.shearson.com writes:
>          Each one had a missing chuck about 2-3 seconds in. They rest played
>fine but about 2-3 seconds in a piece disappeared ( about 3-4 seconds worth).
>Maybe the disk I brought them in on had a bad blocks?!?.... but could this have
>something to due with how the NeXT stores sound?

I don't think so.  The CODEC audio representation is identical--
I've taken "raw" sound files meant for a SPARCstation, stuck a
NeXT sound structure in front (using sndconvert), and they've
played just fine on the NeXT.  It should work the other way.

					-=EPS=-