[comp.sys.next] Business Land demo sale phone number

madler@pooh.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) (02/12/91)

When I respond to the same request privately three times, I then assume
it is of public interest and post publicly:

For the B'land demo cube/printer/etc. sale, call Norm Gilbert at
(408)437-2623 (with credit card in hand), or fax him at (408)437-4454.
He has an email and compuserve address, but as the cubes dwindle, I'd
suggest contacting him directly, since you don't know how often he
checks his email.

I ordered a printer from him 22 Jan and have not received it yet.  He said
I should get it in a week or so.  Sounds like they're *real* busy pumping
out those orders.

Mark Adler
madler@pooh.caltech.edu

asmith@micor.ocunix.on.ca (adam smith) (02/13/91)

madler@pooh.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) writes:

> For the B'land demo cube/printer/etc. sale, call Norm Gilbert at
> (408)437-2623 (with credit card in hand), or fax him at (408)437-4454.
> He has an email and compuserve address, but as the cubes dwindle, I'd
> suggest contacting him directly, since you don't know how often he
> checks his email.

I've been speaking with Norman fairly regularly and he has asked me to pass
the word that he is VERY busy. I won't take up bandwidth with the details,
but he asked that people who are interested in getting in touch with him use
the fax number or the net addresses (he checks them frequently). His voice
mail system can hold only fifty messages and at the moment it fills about
once every three hours. Getting in touch with him directly is close to being
a recreational impossibility. Please, unless you are next of kin or next to
suicide, use the following numbers if you can...
                       Fax: 408-437-4454
                       CServe: 73307.555@CompuServe.COM
                       Applelink: M2643@AppleLink.apple.com

Incidently, if you try to call him, you probably get thhe vioce mail system
with a message saying basically what I've told you here. Be nice to the guy,
we've been swamping him for months now.

cheers
adam