[comp.sys.next] Is this group archived, like NeXT Answers?

sksircar@stroke.Princeton.EDU (Subrata Sircar) (02/10/91)

Every day I read this group, I see lots of useful suggestions and solutions to
problems on the NeXT.  Most of them don't have any significance for me, YET.

The reason I'm posting is to ask, is this group archived somewhere?  Are the
"solution" posts separated from the "discussion" posts?  Ideally, you'd like to
take the suggestions that work and set them up as a Digital Librarian file as
well as hard copy.  If not, shouldn't we do that?  After all, you'll never
know when you have the same problem down the road...

Subrata Sircar | sksircar@phoenix.princeton.edu |Prophet& SPAMIT Charter Member
	I don't speak for Princeton, and they don't speak for me.
"May their souls rot in easy-listening hell!" - Johnny Melnibone, GRIMJACK #76
"I seem to suffer from irrelevant flashbacks." - Paul, PAUL THE SAMURAI #1

das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) (02/14/91)

In article <6120@idunno.Princeton.EDU> sksircar@stroke.Princeton.EDU (Subrata Sircar) writes:

>Every day I read this group, I see lots of useful suggestions and solutions to
>problems on the NeXT.  Most of them don't have any significance for me, YET.
>
>The reason I'm posting is to ask, is this group archived somewhere?  Are the
>"solution" posts separated from the "discussion" posts?  Ideally, you'd like to
>take the suggestions that work and set them up as a Digital Librarian file as
>well as hard copy.  If not, shouldn't we do that?  After all, you'll never
>know when you have the same problem down the road...

All articles sent to comp.sys.next are archived on brownvm.brown.edu, and
there is an automatic server there that will mail you any of the multitude of
"blocks" of articles, usually about a week's worth.  This list is called
NEXT-L, and you can find out more by emailing the command

INFO ?

(on its own line)

to listserv@brownvm.brown.edu, the automatic list server.  You will find that
there are more specific commands for finding out about NEXT-L itself.

I have the past 10 months' worth indexed on my cube with DL...it's great
for looking up random bits of information.  All the articles are in chrono-
logical order--no other groupings have been applied (as opposed to
NextAnswers).

Douglas Scott
zardoz!doug%woof.columbia.edu