[comp.sys.next] Books on MC68040 ???

rgc@wam.umd.edu (Ross Garrett Cutler) (02/14/91)

Hello,
I'm looking for a good book on the MC68040.  Actually, two books would be
ideal: one that shows you how to program it in assembly, and one that
describes its architecture and gives a command reference.  I've done a lot
of i88 assembly, so an advanced text is preferable.  But any text would be
great, since I haven't found any specifically on the 040.

Thanks very much!
--
Please email -- I'll summarize.
Ross Cutler

news@NeXT.COM (news) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb13.202453.13030@wam.umd.edu> rgc@wam.umd.edu (Ross Garrett
Cutler) writes:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a good book on the MC68040.  Actually, two books would be
> ideal: one that shows you how to program it in assembly, and one that
> describes its architecture and gives a command reference.  I've done a lot
> of i88 assembly, so an advanced text is preferable.  But any text would be
> great, since I haven't found any specifically on the 040.

You might want to try getting in touch with your local Motorola rep and try
ordering Motorola's MC68040 User's Manual.  Its part number is MC68040UM/AD.
This should help you out.

		--morris

Morris Meyer          NeXT, Inc.
Software Engineer     900 Chesapeake Drive
NeXT OS Group         Redwood City, CA   94063
mmeyer@next.com       415-780-4683