[comp.sys.next] Fatherhood, and CSound '91 for the NeXT

frog@roger.ucdavis.edu (Wayne Jackson) (02/15/91)

Hello folks,

	FIRST let me announce that I became a NeXT owner last friday.
Aside from severe sleep deprivation, debt, and a few minor strains on personal
relationships, I'M OVERJOYED!  The machine, incidentally, is a 68030 cube
running 1.0 software...the very last one available from our local bookstore.

	I already use a NeXT as part of our heterogeneous network here at the
music lab (along with a Sun 3/160, SPARCstations, and a MacIIx running A/UX).
I have Barry Vercoe's most recent version of CSound (available very recently
via ftp from ems.media.mit.edu) working on all platforms except the NeXT, and
I'm especially interested in Peter Yadlowsky's Application interface.  Peter,
if you are reading this, is there a version 3.0 forthcoming?

	More later, as I explore the question of "Can one have a personal
UNIX machine, and still have a personal life???".

Wayne J						frog@roger.ucdavis.edu

pmy@vivaldi.acc.virginia.edu (Pete Yadlowsky) (02/15/91)

In article <10541@aggie.ucdavis.edu> frog@roger.ucdavis.edu (Wayne Jackson) writes:

>I have Barry Vercoe's most recent version of CSound (available very recently
>via ftp from ems.media.mit.edu) working on all platforms except the NeXT, and
>I'm especially interested in Peter Yadlowsky's Application interface.  Peter,
>if you are reading this, is there a version 3.0 forthcoming?

Yep. RSN. Actually, it'll probably be marked v2.1. It comes bundled with
a network-ready version of the newly released csound and includes a few
minor enhancements and bug fixes. Watch this space.

	- Pete

--
Peter M. Yadlowsky		| "You know - when I talk to people, I try to
Academic Computing Center	|  look more intelligent than I actually am.