[comp.sys.next] hoping more people will be happy customers

news@Camex.COM (news) (02/07/91)

In article <ANDERSON.91Feb5074927@sapir.cog.jhu.edu> anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) writes:
>I really wonder what NeXT's allocation (non-)policy is for upgrades.
>Mr. Knauth in Boston got his (68040/2.0) "within a month of sending
>[his] check."

My order was paid in full, up front.  Maybe yours was too.  Anyway, I
really hope you and other people waiting will get your orders quickly.
It makes me sad to see people unhappy with NeXT, because my experience
has been good so far.

        Geoffrey S. Knauth                       geoff@bos.camex.com
    Camex, Inc., 75 Kneeland St.                 geoff%bos.camex@uunet.uu.net
Boston, MA 02111, (617) 426-3577 x451            --standard disclaimers--

anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) (02/07/91)

In article <1772@camex.COM> news@Camex.COM (news) writes:

   In article <ANDERSON.91Feb5074927@sapir.cog.jhu.edu> anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) writes:
   >I really wonder what NeXT's allocation (non-)policy is for upgrades.
   >Mr. Knauth in Boston got his (68040/2.0) "within a month of sending
   >[his] check."

   My order was paid in full, up front.  Maybe yours was too.  Anyway, I
   really hope you and other people waiting will get your orders quickly.
   It makes me sad to see people unhappy with NeXT, because my experience
   has been good so far.

My order was covered in full with a University purchase order, and all
I know is that the money disappeared from my grant budget right
away..... Much as I like the '030 cube I've got, I'm really frothing
at the mouth as I hear of more and more people who have gotten their
upgrades after less waiting than I've put in.

I'm sorry to keep beating this to death, but I really think it's a
problem with corporate organization. Allocation of (possibly scarce)
resources should look more like a FIFO and less like a push-down stack.

Steve Anderson

geoff@ITcorp.com (Geoff Kuenning) (02/15/91)

In article <1772@camex.COM> geoff@circus.UUCP (Geoffrey Knauth) writes:

> My order was paid in full, up front.  Maybe yours was too.  Anyway, I
> really hope you and other people waiting will get your orders quickly.
> It makes me sad to see people unhappy with NeXT, because my experience
> has been good so far.

Of course, my order (through the friendly, sigh, UCLA bookstore)
consisted of only a deposit, because that's all the bookstore would
take.  I ordered in October or November (I really don't remember any
more) and haven't heard a word about either 2.0 or my '040.  I have a
reputation for patience, but if I don't hear something soon, it may
become unjustified!  (Especially given Lighthouse's change in their
Diagram! policy, partially motivated by UCLA's recalcitrance, and
given how useful that program would be to me if only I had 2.0 to run
it under.)

I love my computer, and having been in the industry I can understand
the problems NeXT is having, but it sure would be nice to get a
25-cent (oops, 29-cent) letter from them, even if it said "sorry, your
order is scheduled to ship in June."
--
	Geoff Kuenning   geoff@ITcorp.com   uunet!desint!geoff