[comp.sys.next] Help on NextStation

bennett@mp.cs.niu.edu (Scott Bennett) (02/17/91)

In article <9546@uwm.edu> xepo@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Scott R Violet) writes:

>   Hello, all of you Next computer people.  I am thinking of purchasing a
>NextStation and have a lot of questions that can only be answered by other
>Next users.  What I plan on using the Next for is to Develop software and
>other related things, and also for dreaded school work.
>So here they go.
>1)  Is the 105mb hd and 8mb of memory adaquate, or is that asking just to much
                                       ^^^^^^^^

     Very nice pun.  :-)

>    of the next machine.
>2) [text deleted  --SJB]
>8)  I have heard that the Next drive are quite expensive and that it is
>    usually best to order hard drives from other companies, is this true??

     Yes.

>9)  How much room is left for the user on a 105mb system???

     Well, that depends on how big a user you are. :-)  From the looks
of some of your earlier questions, I'd say forget it.  Unless either
a) your machine will be on a network where a server is available for
the rest of the software and any files you want to create or b) you use
only a few applications and do no programming, a single, 105MB disk just
isn't anywhere in the ballpark.

>    Well this seems like the end of the questions for now, you don't have
>to post the message to here, but if you want you can.  Otherwise e-mail
>me at xepo@csd4.csd.uwm.edu.
>  Thanks,  Scott 'xepo' Violet

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
                                  Systems Programming
                                  Northern Illinois University
                                  DeKalb, Illinois 60115
* Internet:       bennett@cs.niu.edu                                 *
* BITNET:         A01SJB1@NIU                                        *
*  "WAR is the HEALTH of the STATE"  --Albert Jay Nock (I think:-)   *