[comp.sys.next] NCSA LPR and NeXT?

paul@cgh.uucp (Paul Homchick) (02/05/91)

I have a small network consisting of one PC and one NeXT.  I have
NCSA version 2.3b8 Telnet and Ftp working, but am having problems
with NCSA LPR.EXE ver 1.3.

On the PC, the command:  C>lpr foo.bar  produces something similar to:

    Sending foo.bar
    Runtime error RC6000
      _Stack overflow

On the NeXT side, /usr/adm/messages logs a line like this...
   Feb  3 11:31:38 cgh lpd[2726]: QMS800II: Lost connection

I am still using NextStep 1.0, as my October upgrade order is still
out there somewhere.  Is this familiar to any of you network gurus?

Thanks,

----
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet                   cgh!paul@dsi.com
259 Radnor-Chester Rd, Suite 140 :MCI                               PHOMCHICK
Radnor, PA  19087-5299           :GEnie                              HOMCHICK

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (02/17/91)

In article <1441@cgh.UUCP> I wrote:
>I have a small network consisting of one PC and one NeXT.  I have
>NCSA version 2.3b8 Telnet and Ftp working, but am having problems
>with NCSA LPR.EXE ver 1.3.
>
>On the PC, the command:  C>lpr foo.bar  produces something similar to:
>
>    Sending foo.bar
>    Runtime error RC6000
>      _Stack overflow

The problem was cured by getting a newer version of NCSA.  In fact,
the release history says that "stack problems with the LPR utilities"
were fixed in version 2.3b9!

Thanks to all who provided pointers via email.

---