[comp.sys.next] Changes to the Purdue NeXT archives

lindley@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Greg Lindley) (02/18/91)

	To facilitate some of the recent changes in NeXT software (the
	recent release of 2.0, etc.), I have moved some of the files
	around in the Purdue NeXT Archives (located on
	sonata.cc.purdue.edu and nova.cc.purdue.edu).  The only real
	major change so far is that some things have moved into
	'release' specific directories.  For instance, the 'binaries'
	and 'source' directories have now moved to 1.0-release/binaries
	and 1.0-release/source respectively.  A 2.0-release directory
	was also created and it contains its own 'binaries' and
	'source' directories.

	Anything that is not release specific will remain in the
	pub/next directory.  For instance, the 'docs' and 'Newsletters'
	directories will remain there.

	My reasons for doing this?  So that future updates in software
	will have minimal effect on the archives, release specific
	software/documents will be kept separate, etc.

	I know that I didn't move everything that is release specific
	into its appropriate directory (because I don't have time to go
	through everything).  If you find something that is release
	specific, send a note to archive-management@cc.purdue.edu and
	I'll move it into the appropriate place.

	For those of you who make submissions (or plan to), please send
	future submission to archive-server@cc.purdue.edu with the
	subject of 'submission' (no ticks) or use anonymous ftp and
	'put' it in the submissions directory (pub/next/submissions).
	In either case, be sure to send a note to archive-server (with
	the subject submission) and include the software release your
	submission runs on, and any of the other information I have
	outlined below.  No need to include your submission listing if
	you used ftp to 'put' it in the submissions directory (just let
	me know that is what you did).

	Thanks,
	Greg Lindley

	Purdue NeXT Archive Management