[comp.sys.next] Three Questions

matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) (02/20/91)

I have several questions that I've been meaning to ask for a while, so here
goes.

1)  Has anyone successfully used the :list: directive in /etc/sendmail/
    aliases?  I tried it, and I *think* that is what kept killing the sendmail
    daemon.  I can't see how it'd go into NetInfo, which is why I'm wondering
    if :list: is supposed at all.

2)  Does anyone know for sure if Sybase is out for NeXTstep 2.0?  In one of my
    classes this semester, we will be using Sybase on NeXTs (!!), and I was
    wondering if I could reduce the load on the two (two?!) machines for 28
    students somehow. . . . . Price etc. would be appreciated, student dis-
    counts if any.

3)  Darn, what was the third one... <sigh>
------
Mike Matthews, matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (NeXT)/matthews@umdd (bitnet)
------
Let me play with it first and I'll tell you what it is later.
- Miles Davis

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (02/20/91)

In article <8068@umd5.umd.edu> matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) writes:
>I have several questions that I've been meaning to ask for a while, so here
>goes.
>
>1)  Has anyone successfully used the :list: directive in /etc/sendmail/
>    aliases?  I tried it, and I *think* that is what kept killing the sendmail
>    daemon.  I can't see how it'd go into NetInfo, which is why I'm wondering
>    if :list: is supposed at all.

I've gotten this to work.  It's actually not :list: but :include:, but I don't
remember how I determined that (i.e. I don't know where in the documentation
I found it).  Here's a line out of my /etc/sendmail/aliases file:

TouchType_Users: :include:/home/touchtype/users

--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software
 glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us		NeXT/PostScript developers