[comp.sys.next] Registering a B'Land firesale cube.

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (02/21/91)

Well it seems a though there are a lot of people like me with B'Land cubes
that need to register them with NeXT.  Well here's how it's done.

Call 1-800-848-NEXT.
Tell them you would like to register you machine.

(You will need to know the serial number off the back of the cube and date
of purchase - order/delivery).

They will also ask where you bought the machine.  I told them B'Land
Corporate/Special Sales Department for lack of a better name.

They will also ask if you are a business, end user, or developer.  This is
for statistical purposes.

You will then be told that your goodies will arrive in 2 weeks or so.

Goodies include:
                  1. A T-shirt (they will ask your size)
                  2. A free subscription to NextWorld
                  3. A copy of Improv
                  4. Other stuff - I have no idea what other stuff is.
                     Other stuff is what I was told.

I hope this helps.
                         Good luck, KeNT - I'm still a hyped cube owner.

BTW: I ordered my 2.0 and '040 upgrade from my campus bookstore.  They
wanted a deposit but would not take my credit card because they couldn't
promise a delivery date.  They wanted a check.  I told them "If you can't
promise a date then you will be holding my money for merchandise that I
can't use yet. "  In the words of Homme the Clown "I don't think so."

They called the manager.  We talked.  They ordered the upgrades w/no
deposit or prepayment.  I like my bookstore, even if their prices are
a little high.
--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */

finn@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Lee Samuel Finn) (02/21/91)

In article <68DO02yX05Oi01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L. Shephard) writes:
>Goodies include:
>                  1. A T-shirt (they will ask your size)

Ok, how about the rest of us? I've bought an upgrade and installed it
in my old cube, and no one, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, has asked me
_my_ shirt size.

I'm academic, and have filled out all the assorted postcards for MMA, Sybase,
Franz, NeXTWorld, and Lotus. Nothing, however, for T-Shirts.

anderson@dogie.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.213503.9212@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> finn@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Lee Samuel Finn) writes:
>In article <68DO02yX05Oi01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L. Shephard) writes:
>>Goodies include:
>>                  1. A T-shirt (they will ask your size)
>
>Ok, how about the rest of us? I've bought an upgrade and installed it
>in my old cube, and no one, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, has asked me
>_my_ shirt size.

Aren't people the nuttiest creatures, though, getting all
hot over something as dumb as a tee-shirt, which turns you
into a walking billboard for some merchant?  Well, me too,
by golly, and I definitely *did* see that I have a tee-shirt
coming from good old NeXT, when I sent back my registration
card enclosed with my brand-new 040 cube some, ah, almost
six weeks ago.  Should be arriving RSN, right?

--
Jess Anderson <> Madison Academic Computing Center <> University of Wisconsin
Internet: anderson@macc.wisc.edu <-best, UUCP:{}!uwvax!macc.wisc.edu!anderson

anderson@sapir.cog.jhu.edu (Stephen R. Anderson) (02/21/91)

Jee-zis. And all this time I thought I was waiting for my upgrades.
Now that I've got them (and am playing happily with my '040 cube), I
realize that what I really wanted all along was a T-shirt. And like
the other folks, when I registered my new machine, I wasn't asked my
size SO THAT MEANS I'M NOT GONNA GET A T-SHIRT! What a bummer. I guess
I'll dump my cube and see if Apple will give me the shirt off its
back if I buy (actually, repurchase....but that's another story) a
Mac.

But seriously, NeXT, all is forgiven if you'll give me a coffee mug.
I drink a lot more coffee than I wear T-shirts. And maybe a bumper
sticker, to cover up the old Appple one.

Steve Anderson

garnett@cs.utexas.edu (John William Garnett) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.234314.15137@macc.wisc.edu> anderson@dogie.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) writes:
>In article <1991Feb20.213503.9212@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> finn@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Lee Samuel Finn) writes:
>>In article <68DO02yX05Oi01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L. Shephard) writes:
>>>Goodies include:
>>>                  1. A T-shirt (they will ask your size)
>>
>>Ok, how about the rest of us? I've bought an upgrade and installed it
>>in my old cube, and no one, anywhere, anytime, anyhow, has asked me
>>_my_ shirt size.
>
>Aren't people the nuttiest creatures, though, getting all
>hot over something as dumb as a tee-shirt, which turns you
>into a walking billboard for some merchant?  Well, me too,
>by golly, and I definitely *did* see that I have a tee-shirt
>coming from good old NeXT, when I sent back my registration
>card enclosed with my brand-new 040 cube some, ah, almost
>six weeks ago.  Should be arriving RSN, right?

Yes, this T-shirt deal is real.  Mine arrived a few days ago.  Plan
to wait about two months from the time you send in your card (if my
experience is any indication).  It is white with the NeXT logo in
the center of the chest area.

--
John Garnett
                              University of Texas at Austin