[comp.sys.next] Printing in WriteNow

cooper@plains.NoDak.edu (Jeff Cooper) (02/20/91)

I've read through the manuals that I have and I can't find an answer to
my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me.  Is there anyway to print
every other page either to disk or printer.  What I want to be able to do
is print all the odd numbered pages and then flip over the pages and print
all the even number pages on the back of the first.  Any idea? Thanks.

--
"Life is pain Highness, anyone who tells |  Jeff Cooper
you different is selling something."     |  cooper@plains.nodak.edu
                                         |  cooper@midkemia.UUCP
- The Dread Pirate Roberts               |  (701) 235-6495

lclarke@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Lawrence Clarke) (02/22/91)

cooper@plains.NoDak.edu (Jeff Cooper) writes:

> I've read through the manuals that I have and I can't find an answer to
> my question, so I'm hoping someone can help me.  Is there anyway to print
> every other page either to disk or printer.  What I want to be able to do
> is print all the odd numbered pages and then flip over the pages and print
> all the even number pages on the back of the first.  Any idea? Thanks.

If anyone finds out, I'd like to know too. Perhaps post to comp.sys.next.

 *  lclarke@questor.wimsey.bc.ca  |  c/o TRIUMF Operations Group     *
 *  larry@triumfcl.bitnet         |  University of British Columbia  *
 *  Compuserve: 70441,1776        |  4004 Wesbrook Mall              *
 *  Phone: +1 604 275-5902        |  Vancouver, British Columbia     *
 *  FAX:   +1 604 275-4184        |  Canada  V6T 2A3                 *

39clocks@violet.berkeley.edu (Peter Marinac) (02/22/91)

In article <s1qqX1w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca> lclarke@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Lawrence Clarke) writes:
>cooper@plains.NoDak.edu (Jeff Cooper) writes:
>
>> every other page either to disk or printer.  What I want to be able to do
>> is print all the odd numbered pages and then flip over the pages and print
>> all the even number pages on the back of the first.  Any idea? Thanks.
>
>If anyone finds out, I'd like to know too. Perhaps post to comp.sys.next.

They easiest way to do what you guys want to do is to use the manual feed
feature to run each sheet through twice.  Use thicker stock, 30lb or so,
otherwise the paper will not be opaque enought to prevent the opposite side
from showing through.  When printing last page first, if the first page
out of the machine is odd numbered, it will not have an opposing side, so
give the printer another blank page.