[comp.sys.next] MusicProse

tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) (02/02/91)

Well, MusicProse (a midi composition/sequencing/printing app) from Coda
has been placed on indefinite hold.

I talked with Coda Tech support yesterday (after seeing posts confirming &
denying this) and the customer support person said "MusicProse for NeXT is
on indefinite hold.  We have adjusted our resources to focus on our PC and
Mac products."

OUCH.  I had $400 set aside in my bank account SPECIFICALLY to purchase this
product.  Oh well, I'm sure someone else will produce a neat NeXT midi
tool that I can use.

Tyler

cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) (02/05/91)

In article <1991Feb1.181517.21052@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) writes:
>Well, MusicProse (a midi composition/sequencing/printing app) [for the NeXT]
>from Coda has been placed on indefinite hold.

Perhaps if enough people write their company and demonstrate a demand for
a music typesetting product, they will continue the development of MusicProse.
What is Coda's address?

Mark of the Unicorn has pulled the same stunt with their port of Performer.
It is disappointing for them to ignore the NeXT platform.  Perhaps some of
us could fill the sequencing/typesetting gap ourselves.

Christopher Penrose
jesus!penrose

isaacso@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Eric J. Isaacson) (02/05/91)

cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) writes:

>In article <1991Feb1.181517.21052@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) writes:
>>Well, MusicProse (a midi composition/sequencing/printing app) [for the NeXT]
>>from Coda has been placed on indefinite hold.

>Perhaps if enough people write their company and demonstrate a demand for
>a music typesetting product, they will continue the development of MusicProse.
>What is Coda's address?

>Christopher Penrose

There are a couple of possibilities for Coda putting the NeXT
MusicProse on hold.  One is that the Univ. of Minn. student they had
working on the port left Coda and they have been unable to replace him
with a qualified person.  Or, maybe things really are tight and
they're just trying to keep from going under.  After all, despite the
claims of those saying there's a market, the number of NeXTs is still
pretty limited, and the number of NeXT users who need music printing
is still more limited.  Coda isn't THAT big an operation that it can
stick by an unprofitable line for very long.  (I'm not business-minded
person, so I'm really only guessing at this point.)  I visited their
office last summer and (I don't think I'm violating any unstated
non-dislosure agreement) they seemed to be fairly pleased with how the
port to NeXT was going.  So it's really hard to know what actually IS
happening.

But, if you want to write, the address is Coda Music Software, 1401
East 79th Streeet, Bloomington, MN  55425-1126.  Phone is (612)
854-1288, fax (612) 854-4631.  The general manager is Gary Brunotte
who, I assume, makes the final decisions.  I'd address your concerns
directly to him.

--
Eric J. Isaacson (the other)      Internet: isaacso@ucs.indiana.edu
School of Music--Indiana Univ.   NeXT Mail: isaacso@bartok.music.indiana.edu

gtaylor@vme.heurikon.com (Gregory Taylor) (02/06/91)

In article <16362@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) writes:
>Perhaps if enough people write their company and demonstrate a demand for
>a music typesetting product, they will continue the development of MusicProse.

Worse than that, maybe. I rang them up to talk to Scott Wisdom (who'd
worked on the NeXT port), and was told that he's ah...."no longer with
the company." "How long ago was that?" quoth I. "About a month or so."

I'd be willing to bet dimes to dollars that their marketing pinheads
simply decided that there weren't enough megaunits of BlackBox selling
yet, and that it didn't matter somehow that there would be absolutely
NO competition on the current market. You just have to wonder about a
firm that'd pass THAT up to chase the IBM market. Sheesh.

Gregory
--
Haiku:	Another drink slips
	across the blood/brain border

I've said this before, but it bears repeating:

Good music composition programs will appear when NeXT makes it
conducive--everything's there EXCEPT for a bundled music font.
Without that, don't expect to see any freeware turn up (and
successful freeware is a proven method for commercial vendors to
ascertain interest in niche markets).

There *is* a music font in Adobe's collection--Sonata.  It was
available for a limited time to NeXT developers for a fee, along
with a handful of others (not in the Adobe Plus Pack--which for
an additional $500 merely gives you what every Apple LaserWriter
II owner already has).

I noticed that the description of MusicProse (see, this does
relate to the Subject: :-) ) in the Fall 1990 _Software and
Peripherals_ catalog indicates that Coda intended to ship its own
PostScript fonts.  That represents a prohibitive (and IMHO,
unnecessary) amount of work.

If, on the other hand, we look at the situation in the Mac
world, the official Adobe Sonata Screen Fonts are available
*for free* by anonymous FTP from sumex-aim.stanford.edu
under license from Adobe--that's sufficient for an impoverished
Mac software developer.

Apple may have lame hardware, an inscrutable operating system,
and a horrible price/performance ratio, they usually have their
head where the sun shines when it comes to licensing issues,
and The World's Meanest Lawyers to protect their interests.

Apple wants their machine to appeal to the music market.
NeXT doesn't seem terribly motivated.
Guess where the sales (and profits) are going?

					-=EPS=-

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (02/06/91)

In article <1025@eplunix.UUCP> mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) writes:
>>>denying this)and the customer support person said "MusicProse for NeXT is
>>>on indefinite hold. We have adjusted our resources to focus on our PC and
>>>Mac products."
>>>

>> Conjecture:
>>
>> Either Coda Tech is in a lot of trouble and can't afford to think even
>>as long term as a year or two, or they have the typical American inability
>> to think long term, or they've decided there is no long term prospect
>> for their software on the NeXT.
>
>Mark of the Unicorn was supposed to be porting to the NeXT.  I
>called about a week ago and got the back-burnner responce from them
>as well.  Also, a company that deals with NeXT harddisk recording
>suggested I stay with the Mac because DigiDesign is so far ahead of
>what the NeXT has if you want Midi and digital audio.  Please no

On price it is far ahead of the NeXT.  You need at least a Mac II series
machine, a large HD, lots of memory, dsp board w/A to D conversion.

I can get a NeXTstation ($3300), A to D ($1200), more disk space
and still come out less than a Mac.  ANy Mac that I would even consider
owning (IIci-4meg RAM, 80Mb HD) is $4300 educational + monitor + keyboard.
Now add to that Digidesign DSP board $2000 + Deck and Audio Media
Software $263 & $721 and you ge a grand total of

                           $4300 - Mac IIci
                           $1000 - Large monochrome video
                           $2000 - Digidesign
                           $1000 - Software
                           $8300
To do digital recording and mastering.

If I buy a used cube, a 200Mb HD, and the A to D stuff I spend

                           $2400 - Old cube w/OD
                           $ 600 - 200 Mb HD
                           $1295 - A to D stuff
                           $4295

Thats a little more than half.  Now add either a Streaming Tape or OD
to back up the Mac.   A Mac as a digital recording/mastering system
can run $10000, easy.  I know someone that has this setup.

Remember I'm getting educational prices on Mac hardware, so your price may
be more.

As for MIDI the Mac has the NeXT beat, but so does the Atari, PC clone,
Amiga.  So that is not an issue.

--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */

mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) (02/07/91)

in article <156b02Bb05xw01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com>, kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) says:

> If I buy a used cube, a 200Mb HD, and the A to D stuff I spend
>
>                            $2400 - Old cube w/OD
>                            $ 600 - 200 Mb HD
>                            $1295 - A to D stuff
>                       -----------------------------------------
>                            $4295
>

> Thats a little more than half.  Now add either a Streaming Tape or OD
> to back up the Mac.   A Mac as a digital recording/mastering system
> can run $10000, easy.  I know someone that has this setup.
>
>Remember I'm getting educational prices on Mac hardware, so your price may
> be more.

I agree with you completly that the NeXT has a great package at a
great price.  To do what I want I need midi so add development time
for that.  This means rewritting the harddisk recorder (the
companies that have written them won't sell source), then add midi
to that and 6 months later, if you really good, you can make music.
Also getting a Mac IIci still alows for future expantion.

Don't get me wrong I've looked seriously into the NeXT.  I do get an
educational discount, and I love the machine.  I've looked at price
for hardware and price for software and asked if I can do what I
want on the NeXT now.  I was disappointed that the answer was no.

I still have time to think about it as it'll be early summer before
I can swing the 10k price for what I want.  Until then I'm keeping
and open mind.

Thanks for the different perspective.

--Mark.

jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi (02/07/91)

In article <1287@toaster.SFSU.EDU>, eps@toaster.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
> I've said this before, but it bears repeating:
>
> Good music composition programs will appear when NeXT makes it
> conducive--everything's there EXCEPT for a bundled music font.
> Without that, don't expect to see any freeware turn up (and
> successful freeware is a proven method for commercial vendors to
> ascertain interest in niche markets).

Hmmph! Do you actually know if some other computer has bundled music
fonts?

Actually, MUCH more important than some fonts is the MusicKit. I guess
no other computer has such a boost for music programmers - at least not
free with every machine.

It is really quite strange if no sequencing software will appear for the

> I noticed that the description of MusicProse (see, this does
> relate to the Subject: :-) ) in the Fall 1990 _Software and
> Peripherals_ catalog indicates that Coda intended to ship its own
> PostScript fonts.  That represents a prohibitive (and IMHO,
> unnecessary) amount of work.

Don't you think Coda has already made their fonts for MAC and PC
versions of Finale and Music Prose? Why couldn't they use the same fonts
on NeXT?

> Apple wants their machine to appeal to the music market.
> NeXT doesn't seem terribly motivated.
> Guess where the sales (and profits) are going?
>
> 					-=EPS=-

Hmm. I think that MusicKit and the DSP are more than ANY regular company
has done to appeal to the music market. I REALLY wonder why there isn't
much music software for NeXT yet. (Actually there are several university
projects - I wish they could come commercially or freely available.)

				Jouni

gessel@ilium.cs.swarthmore.edu (Daniel Mark Gessel) (02/08/91)

In article <1029@eplunix.UUCP> mrn@eplunix.UUCP (Mark R. Nilsen) writes:
[stuff deleted]
>I agree with you completly that the NeXT has a great package at a
>great price.  To do what I want I need midi so add development time
>for that.  This means rewritting the harddisk recorder (the
>companies that have written them won't sell source), then add midi
>to that and 6 months later, if you really good, you can make music.
>Also getting a Mac IIci still alows for future expantion.
[stuff deleted]
>   --Mark.

I'm just beginning to learn the MusicKit, and there is a Midi
instrument. It's supposed to be able to play to the serial port and
send midi signals. If you have the right conversion box (I heard a Mac
one will work, but with the new serial port (RS423 instead of RS422),
this may be true no longer), you can plug into a midi keyboard. I'm
not sure, but I think it can also take input signals from the
port, which you could send to a ScoreFile writer, and record the midi
input that way.

Some one who actually knows the MusicKit can jump in any time now . . .

I think that the music capabilities of the NeXT are underutilized and
underadvertised, and I hope it's remedied soon. (Music is one reason the
OD's shouldn't be dropped IMHO, since they can record a substantial
amount of high quality digital sound.)

Dan
--
Daniel Mark Gessel                                Independent NeXT Developer
Internet: gessel@cs.swarthmore.edu

garton@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Bradford Garton) (02/08/91)

In article <GESSEL.91Feb7101501@ilium.cs.swarthmore.edu> gessel@ilium.cs.swarthmore.edu (Daniel Mark Gessel) writes:

>I think that the music capabilities of the NeXT are underutilized and
>underadvertised, and I hope it's remedied soon. (Music is one reason the
>OD's shouldn't be dropped IMHO, since they can record a substantial
>amount of high quality digital sound.)

Hear hear!

Brad Garton
Columbia University

asmith@micor.ocunix.on.ca (adam smith) (02/09/91)

eps@toaster.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:

> I've said this before, but it bears repeating:
>
> Good music composition programs will appear when NeXT makes it
> conducive--everything's there EXCEPT for a bundled music font.
> Without that, don't expect to see any freeware turn up (and
> successful freeware is a proven method for commercial vendors to
> ascertain interest in niche markets).

What about MIDI control/sequencing programs. These don't really require a
music font do they? I want (as I have mentioned in previous postings)
something that will act as "conductor" to a group of MIDI'd equipment, with
nice tight control over velocities, etc. While I'm at it, I might as well
ask for a part of the program that will allow for sampling via an A/D
converter and serious maniuplation of that sample. I want a combination
Fairlight and heavy-duty sequencer in one. Oh yeah, the samples that are
created should be, obviously, available to the sequencer and output through
the sound ports in glorious full clean, digital stereo.
Is that too much to ask?

In article <1991Feb7.133116.4793@cc.helsinki.fi> jalkio@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>Don't you think Coda has already made their fonts for MAC and PC
>versions of Finale and Music Prose? Why couldn't they use the same fonts
>on NeXT?

They could, but Display PostScript can do a lot better.  Their
blurb said they'd developed two PostScript fonts for the NeXT
implementation.

					-=EPS=-

ifjrs@acad3.alaska.edu (STANNARD JOHN R) (02/13/91)

In article <isaacso.665720917@copper>, isaacso@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Eric J. Isaacson) writes...
>cpenrose@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Christopher Penrose) writes:
>
>>In article <1991Feb1.181517.21052@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) writes:
>>>Well, MusicProse (a midi composition/sequencing/printing app) [for the NeXT]
>>>from Coda has been placed on indefinite hold.
>
>>Perhaps if enough people write their company and demonstrate a demand for
>>a music typesetting product, they will continue the development of MusicProse.
>>What is Coda's address?
>
>>Christopher Penrose

>pretty limited, and the number of NeXT users who need music printing
>is still more limited.  Coda isn't THAT big an operation that it can

Just for the record, _I_ am one of those "limited" numbers that would
be very interested in seeing them complete MusicProse.  Speak up,
people!

>But, if you want to write, the address is Coda Music Software, 1401
>East 79th Streeet, Bloomington, MN  55425-1126.  Phone is (612)
>854-1288, fax (612) 854-4631.  The general manager is Gary Brunotte
>who, I assume, makes the final decisions.  I'd address your concerns
>directly to him.
>
>--
>Eric J. Isaacson (the other)      Internet: isaacso@ucs.indiana.edu
>School of Music--Indiana Univ.   NeXT Mail: isaacso@bartok.music.indiana.edu
>Bloomington, IN  47405          -- I am NOT the author of A86 and other    --
>(812) 855-7832(o)/333-1827(h)   -- outstanding software...I wish I were... --

John
--

John Stannard
KL7JL@KL7JL	IFJRS@ACAD3.FAI.ALASKA.EDU	BITNET: IFJRS@ALASKA

--

mikel@Apple.COM (Mikel Evins) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb12.212956.22910@ims.alaska.edu> ifjrs@acad3.alaska.edu writes:
>Just for the record, _I_ am one of those "limited" numbers that would
>be very interested in seeing them complete MusicProse.  Speak up,
>people!
>>--
>>Eric J. Isaacson (the other)      Internet: isaacso@ucs.indiana.edu
>>School of Music--Indiana Univ.   NeXT Mail: isaacso@bartok.music.indiana.edu
>>Bloomington, IN  47405          -- I am NOT the author of A86 and other    --
>>(812) 855-7832(o)/333-1827(h)   -- outstanding software...I wish I were... --
>

>John
>--
>
>John Stannard
>KL7JL@KL7JL	IFJRS@ACAD3.FAI.ALASKA.EDU	BITNET: IFJRS@ALASKA
>kl7jl.ampr.org   "God is the Answer!"  "Oh?? ... er, ...What was the Question?"

Just to add another voice to the demand, I too would very much like to
see Coda release MusicProse for the NeXT. I had money allocated
in my budget to pay for it when I learned that they were not
planning on releasing it on schedule.

--me

madler@eeyore.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) (02/13/91)

Count me in.  I'd buy MusicProse also.

Mark Adler
madler@pooh.caltech.edu

ty@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) (02/13/91)

I'll buy MusicProse if there is a student price.

Tyng-Jing Yang

auvhess@auvc6.tamu.edu (David K. Hess) (02/13/91)

In article <TY.91Feb12202341@reef.cis.ufl.edu> you write:
|> I'll buy MusicProse if there is a student price.
|>
|> Tyng-Jing Yang

Ditto.

Dave Hess
Graduate Student
Texas A&M University
auvhess@auvsun1.tamu.edu

wisdom@pico.cs.umn.edu (Scott Wisdom) (02/14/91)

Just a few minutes ago I read this about possibilities of getting CODA
to complete the MusicProse NeXT project:

>>Perhaps if enough people write their company and demonstrate a demand for
>>a music typesetting product, they will continue the development of MusicProse.
>But, if you want to write, the address is Coda Music Software, 1401
>East 79th Streeet, Bloomington, MN  55425-1126.  Phone is (612)
>854-1288, fax (612) 854-4631.  The general manager is Gary Brunotte
>who, I assume, makes the final decisions.  I'd address your concerns
>directly to him.

Thought I'd get involved here...

Gary Burnotte IS the general manager, and is also a great supporter of
continuing the MusicProse NeXT project. However, CODA now has a new
CEO who feels that a minimum number of products on a minimum number of
platforms is a good idea. He is the one responsible for the cancelation
of MusicProse. PLEASE do not send anything to Gary Burnotte. Send them
in care of John Paulson, CEO and President. He's the one to impress.
If enough users write him, He may change his mind. Also, another great
trick that could introduce pressures on him to change his mind is to send
a check for the amount of the program. You have nothing to lose - If
he cashes the check then he has to send you MusicProse, and if he doesn't
send you MusicProse he has to send the check back. The point is, He'll be
getting money IN HIS HANDS that he'll have to send back as a result of
his (IMHO erroneous) decision.

I'm not sure how much the program went for - It's in the NeXT software
catalog. I believe it went for $395.00. If that's not correct, someone
please post the actual ammount.

-Scott Wisdom
wisdom@heckle.cs.umn.edu

scott@erick.gac.edu (Scott Hess) (02/14/91)

   I'll buy MusicProse if there is a student price.
and
   I've got the money for it.

cries, I've got one response - talk to MusicProse.  My experience
is that very few companies really are on the net in any way.  When you
consider companies who's main products are on Macs and PCs, the
count is even lower.  Now, consider the number of people from MusicProse
who are reading comp.sys.next - probably not too many, if they've dropped
the product.  They are also not too large, and from what I've heard
have had some turnover in programmers - maybe they simply don't have
anyone interested in NeXTs right now.

Go to the source.  Drop them a line directly.  Sending requests such
as this to comp.sys.next is hit&miss - maybe they see it, maybe they
don't.  They can't very well avoid phone calls, though they can
still choose to ignore them :-(.

Later,
--
scott hess                      scott@gac.edu
Independent NeXT Developer	GAC Undergrad

shawn@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Shawn Broderick) (02/14/91)

Since a few people mentioned that they would buy MusicProse if there
was an educational price:

MusicProse has been put on hold by CODA software - for a number of
reasons.  If you want to see the app - call them and tell them that
you're a NeXT user and want to see MusicProse on the platform - public
demand is the larger chunk of what drives software development.

Shawn Broderick

asmith@micor.ocunix.on.ca (adam smith) (02/16/91)

> Just for the record, _I_ am one of those "limited" numbers that would
> be very interested in seeing them complete MusicProse.  Speak up,
> people!

Is it really worth it? I mean should we be trying to pull back to sanity a
company that is foresaking the NeXT music market out of some crazy hope that
the PC market will be more lucrative? I suppose it might be based on the
sheer number of installed systems, but what a nightmare to work on. I know,
I do it every day. By choice most of the time, but I wouldn't even attempt
to do music on it.
Personally, I'd rather see a new kid get into the fight
Someone that can really do a good job of it, incorporating (as everyone is
no doubt sick of hearing me say) a MIDI sequencing option, a sampling and
sample manipulating section, perhaps a notation translating/scoring ability.
In short, a really hot item that takes full advantage of what the NeXT can
do, that others can't.
Isn't there someone out there interested in picking this project up?

Please?

dadler@milton.u.washington.edu (David Adler) (02/22/91)

	>Count me in.  I'd buy MusicProse also.
	>Mark Adler

Me too!
--
David A. Adler			Pathology SM-30
University of Washington	Seattle, WA 98195

tholland@amy.skidmore.edu (02/22/91)

In article <16907@milton.u.washington.edu>, dadler@milton.u.washington.edu (David Adler) writes:
> 	>Count me in.  I'd buy MusicProse also.
> 	>Mark Adler
>
> Me too!
> --
> David A. Adler			Pathology SM-30
> University of Washington	Seattle, WA 98195
> "Science is nothing but trained and organized common sense"
> T.H.Huxley 1825-1895
And yet another customer for MUSIC Prose on the
NeXT:
Anthony Holland, Prof. Music, Skidmore College

cafe@cbnewse.att.com (richard.dib) (02/25/91)

In article <1024.27c4d49f@amy.skidmore.edu>, tholland@amy.skidmore.edu writes:
> In article <16907@milton.u.washington.edu>, dadler@milton.u.washington.edu (David Adler) writes:
> > 	>Count me in.  I'd buy MusicProse also.
> > 	>Mark Adler
> >
> > Me too!
> > --
> > David A. Adler			Pathology SM-30

I want it too!  NOW!

Richard Dib
AT&T BL

das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) (02/25/91)

In article <1024.27c4d49f@amy.skidmore.edu> tholland@amy.skidmore.edu writes:
>In article <16907@milton.u.washington.edu>, dadler@milton.u.washington.edu (David Adler) writes:
>> 	>Count me in.  I'd buy MusicProse also.
>> 	>Mark Adler
>>
>> Me too!

I better put in my vote too.  I'd buy it in an instant.

Douglas Scott
zardoz!doug%woof.columbia.edu

shawn@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Shawn Broderick) (02/25/91)

I don't mean to harp on the issue, but it's REALLY important to call
up CODA, or drop them a line to tell them that YOU WANT MUSIC
PROSE!!!! They probably do not read comp.sys.next with any useful
frequency.

Coda can be reached at 800.843.2066 according to some product listing
I've got in my DL.  Gary Brunotte is the GM, and was the person in
charge of the project.  According to the net world, the person you
want to speak to is named John, and he's the CEO of Coda - he
cancelled the program.

Shawn Broderick

mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (02/26/91)

In article <SHAWN.91Feb25090051@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu> shawn@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Shawn Broderick) writes:

>I don't mean to harp on the issue, but it's REALLY important to call
>up CODA, or drop them a line to tell them that YOU WANT MUSIC
>PROSE!!!! They probably do not read comp.sys.next with any useful
>frequency.
>
>Coda can be reached at 800.843.2066 according to some product listing
>I've got in my DL.  Gary Brunotte is the GM, and was the person in
>charge of the project.  According to the net world, the person you
>want to speak to is named John, and he's the CEO of Coda - he
>cancelled the program.
>
>Shawn Broderick

Hi,
I just called and the individual suggested writing, the person and
address given was :

Gary Brunotte
1401 e 79th st.
Bloomington Indiana
55425

Mark Interrante   		  Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		  CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
Quote from a west Texas farmer  "status quo is Latin for the mess we're in."

wisdom@pico.cs.umn.edu (Scott Wisdom) (02/27/91)

>>I just called and the individual suggested writing, the person and
>>address given was :
>
>>Gary Brunotte
>>1401 e 79th st.
>>Bloomington Indiana
>>55425
>
>You'd better make that Bloomington, Minnesota.

And also, you'd better send it to John Paulson, CEO. Gary Burnotte
supports fully the MusicProse NeXT project - only one man at Coda
does not support the MusicProse NeXT project - John Paulson, CEO.

I am very happy to see so many people who cast their votes for
the MusicProse project, but the ballots are going down the drain
unless you let CODA know - trust me when I say they don't even
know what internet is much less read comp.sys.next! SO - Let them
know! If enough people write them and let them know of the interest
for MusicProse (and I've seen allot of people on the net say
they want MusicProse NeXT) then they just may change their minds.
But - so far they've gotten very little feedback from the trenches,
so they assumed no one wanted MusicProse anyway - PLEASE WRITE CODA -
THIS IS VIRTUALLY THE ONLY WAY TO BRING THE PROJECT BACK TO LIFE!
This project is more than just a music program for the NeXT. It is
a visible commitment to the platform which will help to insure our
favorite cube (or flattend cube) will stick around for years to come.
PLEASE WRITE CODA, not comp.sys.next, and let's get a killer music
app on this platform!

-Scott Wisdom
wisdom@heckle.cs.umn.edu

gene@ponder.csci.unt.edu (Gene De Lisa) (02/27/91)

In article <1991Feb25.021315.26139@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> das15@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Douglas A Scott) writes:

>I better put in my vote too.  I'd buy it in an instant.

>Douglas Scott
>zardoz!doug%woof.columbia.edu

Well, if Doug wants it, count me in too :)
--
more direct:

vortech!gene@Central.Sun.COM

madler@pooh.caltech.edu (Mark Adler) (02/27/91)

Well, I sent my letter to John Paulson, as per Scott Wisdom's suggestion.
I'm sure thousands more of you will do the same, and Mr. Paulson will cave
in under the sheer mass of public outcry.

Mark Adler
madler@pooh.caltech.edu