[comp.sys.next] WP - Postscript printing

troch@pilot.njin.net (Rod Troch) (02/28/91)

I am having a little difficulty printing out a file that was created
in WordPerfect on a pc.  The file was saved using a postscript driver.

Unfortunately it does not come out like true Adobe postscript.

I have manually added the postscript header information, eg.
%PSAdobe-1 etc.

When I attempt to print the file via 'lpr filename.ps' I get an error
on the screen saying that an OffendingCommand has occured.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about adding some def
telling what legal, letter, and note (paper I imagine) are.  Does
anyone remember what those commands were?  Or does anyone have any
suggestions for getting this off the ground.

Thanks,
Peace
Rod

--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch

andrewd@cs.tamu.edu (Andrew Ted Duchowski) (02/28/91)

In article <Feb.27.18.32.51.1991.1589@pilot.njin.net> troch@pilot.njin.net (Rod Troch) writes:

>I am having a little difficulty printing out a file that was created
>in WordPerfect on a pc.  The file was saved using a postscript driver.
>
>Unfortunately it does not come out like true Adobe postscript.
>
>I have manually added the postscript header information, eg.
>%PSAdobe-1 etc.
>
>When I attempt to print the file via 'lpr filename.ps' I get an error
>on the screen saying that an OffendingCommand has occured.

[..]

Try viewing the file in Preview.  It will probably ask "this
file isn't postscript, view it anyway" or something like that.
Say yes, if it looks ok, then print via print menu.

-atd.
 andrewd@cs.tamu.edu

--

-------------- Not an Official Texas A&M University Document --------------