[comp.sys.next] Object Oriented Cellular Automata ?

kocks@jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) (03/01/91)

Does anyone have any information on Object Oriented Cellular Automata?

There is a demo program on the NeXT called Automata (I think) but no source
code.  I would appreciate any information regarding code, articles, or books.
Thanks.

Peter Kocks
kocks@jessica.stanford.edu

burdick@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Bill Burdick) (03/01/91)

In article <1991Mar1.003634.11358@leland.Stanford.EDU> kocks@jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) writes:
[deleted]
>There is a demo program on the NeXT called Automata (I think) but no source
[deleted]
>Peter Kocks
>kocks@jessica.stanford.edu

I think the example in the demo directory comes from a book called (coincidentally)
_Cellular_Automata_.  I have it at home, so I can't give you the authors or
anything...  It's pretty neat.  As far as 'object-oriented' cellular automata,
the automata in this book are so low level (hardware) that doing OO automata
would be a waste of time -- better to use bitfields and a big array.
	-- Bill
	burdick@mentor.cc.purdue.edu