[comp.sys.next] about comp.sys.next

levonen@toty.joensuu.fi (Jarmo Levonen/KTDK/TOTY) (03/05/91)

I wish someone would do the world a favore and divide the newsgroup
comp.sys.next in many different discussions (compare comp.sys.mac)
jarmolevonen
TOTY
U of Joensuu

petrilli@geech.ai.mit.edu (Chris Petrilli) (03/07/91)

Jarmo Levonen writes:
>I wish someone would do the world a favore and divide the newsgroup
>comp.sys.next in many different discussions (compare comp.sys.mac)
>jarmolevonen

This topic has already been discussed and pretty much decided for now.
For now, comp.sys.next should be 1 group, as it hasn't reached a point
yet where splitting would really help that much.  What would help is
people paying attention, and reading the FAQ so there are not as many
redundant questions.

When the group reaches a hundered coherent messages/day, that is the
point where most groups split.  The split however, will most likely be
to comp.sys.next.misc and comp.sys.next.prog for programmers.  But so
far, who knows... I don't think this group really needs a dozen groups
like the Macintoy uses (alot of waste deciding where to post).

--

+ Chris Petrilli
| Internet:  petrilli@fsf.ai.mit.edu
+ Insert silly disclaimer drivel here.