[comp.sys.next] Internal Quantum 40 -- terminated?

jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) (03/07/91)

Does anyone know if the Quantum 40 drive shipped as the internal accelerator
is terminated or not? I've put it into an external enclosure, but I've
noticed some problems with other devices.
  If it is terminated, does anyone know how to remove the resistors?

	- Jiro Nakamura
	jiro@shaman.com
--
Jiro Nakamura				jiro@shaman.com
Shaman Consulting			(607) 253-0687 VOICE

izumi@fugitive.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar7.045127.5072@shaman.com>
  jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) writes:

>Does anyone know if the Quantum 40 drive shipped as the internal accelerator
>is terminated or not? I've put it into an external enclosure, but I've
>noticed some problems with other devices.
>  If it is terminated, does anyone know how to remove the resistors?

The Quantum 40S used as the swap disk has SCSI terminator installed.
On mine, it consists of 3 SIP resisters along the 50-pin SCSI
connector on the drive.  These are socketed, so you can just
pull them out.

SIP (single in-line package).  In this case, they have 8 legs each.
They are labeled on the PC board as RN201 through RN203.

--
Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720