[comp.sys.next] Interested in old SIMMs, perhaps drives

erich@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Erich Stefan Boleyn) (03/08/91)

isbell@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Art Isbell) writes:

>In article <1374@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>>Don't skimp!
>>
>>					-=EPS=-
>>--
>>There's an aftermarket for used NeXT 1MB SIMMs... unless you were
>>foolish enough to order NeXTstation Color with 12MB.

   I'm interested too, very interested!!! (I'm a poor student, and cannot
easily afford a pile of 4mb SIMMs...

>OK, OK, I repent!!  I have *secretly* been running my Cube at home since last
>June with only 8 MB of RAM.  I can no longer sleep because of guilt caused by
>thinking of my poor 330 MB Maxtor thrashing itself to death :-)

   Hah!  I am soon receiving a NeXT through the businessland deal, and
it won't even have a swap drive (just an OD) :-(.

>Someone please help me!!  Sell me those old, lo-tech (but not defective), 1 MB
>SIMM's that you removed from your NeXT so you could install those nifty, new,
>hi-tech 4 MB SIMM's.  I will buy either 4 or 8...

   Since I am interested in the experiment of upgrading and saving the
'030 motherboard, then trying them both, I may be interested in a BIG
stack of them (maybe up to 24, if I can find the money).

   Acting fast is not a big deal since I have to wait until my next paycheck
;-)...

   For that matter, I may be interested in getting an old swap drive or
two to speed up my system, it again depends on how much money I can get
together

   Erich

             "I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where it is."
     / --  Erich Stefan Boleyn  -- \       --=> *Mad Genius wanna-be* <=--
    { Honorary Grad. Student (Math) }--> Internet E-mail: <erich@cs.pdx.edu>
     \  Portland State University  /  >%WARNING: INTERESTED AND EXCITABLE%<