[comp.sys.next] Educational pricing

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (03/01/91)

Hi.  Could somebody email me the educational pricing on NeXT machines.  I'm
only interested in 040 slabs.  Color and gray scale. Also, I'd like to know
what sort of hard drive sizes they sell, since 105 is ridiculously small.
It seems that NeXT should provide the purchaser with a copy of the system
release on floppy, so if they purchase a hard drive of their own, then they
can install it on there.  Please give me all configurations and prices.

			Thanks, Ralph

Ralph Seguin			gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu
536 South Forest Apt. #915	gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48104		(313) 662-4805

beaucham@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (James Beauchamp) (03/10/91)

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

>Hi.  Could somebody email me the educational pricing on NeXT machines.  I'm
>only interested in 040 slabs.  Color and gray scale. Also, I'd like to know
>what sort of hard drive sizes they sell, since 105 is ridiculously small.

At U. of Illinois the price for a 8 MB RAM 105 MB HD slab with floppy and mono
display is $3498 plus freight ($40).  A similar color system (12 MB RAM) goes
for $5598.  Although the 105 is ridiculously small, I hear you can just use
this as a swap disk and then buy an external 660 MB SCSS hard disk (e.g., Wren)
for about $1300 from various mail order houses.
The U.of.I prices for NeXT HD's are:

340 MB  $2097,  660 MB $2797, 1.4 GB $4197