[comp.sys.next] More command problems

russ@psych.toronto.edu (Russell Sutherland Dean's Office) (03/11/91)

When I perform a rlogin to my Next slab and attempt
to run 'more' the session hangs with no output
being generated. Nothing I do can kill the command save
logging in again from another source and killing the process.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas
as to what is going wrong?
--

Russell Sutherland			Bell:	   (416)-978-5140
Office of the Dean			Uucp:	   ...{utzoo,utgpu}!utas!russ

wgilbert@watmath.waterloo.edu (William Gilbert) (03/11/91)

In article <1991Mar11.132720.18787@psych.toronto.edu> russ@psych.toronto.edu (Russell Sutherland Dean's Office) writes:
>When I perform a rlogin to my Next slab and attempt
>to run 'more' the session hangs with no output
>being generated. Nothing I do can kill the command save
>logging in again from another source and killing the process.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas
>as to what is going wrong?

I have had this problem on a NeXTcube running 1.0a when rlogged in from a
MIPS running RISC/OS 4.51.  I don't have any problem if I rlogin from a
VAX or MicroVAX.  It will also hang when doing other operations, such as
'cd'.
Will Gilbert,   Pure Math Dept, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
wgilbert@math.UWaterloo.ca        NeXT mail:wgilbert@fatou.UWaterloo.ca