[comp.sys.next] Where's my segedit binary

mdm@wdl50.wdl.loral.com (Mike D Marchionna) (03/12/91)

   I recently downloaded the NibEditor application and compiled it under NS1.0,
and tried to run it on an application.  The extract program belched saying it
couldn't find /bin/segedit.  Okay, so I search my whole disk for segedit, and
I come up with the segedit man page, but no binary.  Is segedit supposed to be
in the 1.0 distribution or not?  Is there any way I can get a copy or is there
a substitute I can use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
+--------------||--##--%%--@@------+--------------------------------------+
|El-Rayo-X-----||--##--%%--@@----->| Brain and brain!  What is brain!     |

izumi@fugitive.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.201946.5022@wdl1.wdl.loral.com>
  mdm@wdl50.wdl.loral.com (Mike D Marchionna) writes:

>I come up with the segedit man page, but no binary.  Is segedit supposed to be
>in the 1.0 distribution or not?  Is there any way I can get a copy or is there
>a substitute I can use.

1.0 didn't have segedit.  For extraction of various segments, you
can use 'fsectbyname' in 1.0 sources directory on the archive.
You can re-insert modified segments only if the segment's size
does not increase, though.

--
Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720