[comp.sys.next] imageserver???

matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) (03/13/91)

Has anybody noticed some processes that are left running after a user logs
out?  In particular, the process 'imageserver' seems to be left running after
someone plays BoinkOut (I'm not sure of that, but it's the only thing this
person did when she logged in...).

What IS imageserver, anyway?
------
Mike Matthews, matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (NeXT)/matthews@umdd (bitnet)
------
Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.
- Frank Zappa

aozer@next.com (Ali Ozer) (03/13/91)

In article <8224@umd5.umd.edu> Mike Matthews writes:
>Has anybody noticed some processes that are left running after a user logs
>out?  In particular, the process 'imageserver' seems to be left running after
>someone plays BoinkOut (I'm not sure of that, but it's the only thing this
>person did when she logged in...).

This process compresses/decompresses JPEG images, which BoinkOut uses.

Ali, Ali_Ozer@NeXT.com