[comp.sys.next] Next Debuggers

nestor@sei.cmu.edu (John Nestor) (03/19/91)

Are there any debuggers available for the Next
other than gdb?  I would like to find one that
supports a window with a full source display.

seth@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Seth Strumph) (03/21/91)

In article <22818@as0c.sei.cmu.edu> nestor@sei.cmu.edu (John Nestor) writes:
>Are there any debuggers available for the Next
>other than gdb?  I would like to find one that
>supports a window with a full source display.

try the "view" command from next's gdb.  it interfaces with the next
Edit program.

/seth

finn@theory.tn.cornell.edu (Lee Samuel Finn) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar20.224425.20042@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> seth@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Seth Strumph) writes:
>In article <22818@as0c.sei.cmu.edu> nestor@sei.cmu.edu (John Nestor) writes:
>>Are there any debuggers available for the Next
>>other than gdb?  I would like to find one that
>>supports a window with a full source display.
>

>try the "view" command from next's gdb.  it interfaces with the next
>Edit program.
>
>/seth
or use gdb mode from within emacs. It brings up a second emacs window with
the source, and allows you to insert breakpoints, etc, from within the
source window.