[comp.sys.next] Breaking the group up.

bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.161808.21001@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> punch@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (Bill Punch) writes:
>Isn't there someway to take a cue from the mac and amiga people and
>start breaking this newsgroup into some pieces PLEASE!. The traffic is
>getting quite heavy and I for one would appreciate some splitting of
>general/programming/software-dist/hardware type topics, or SOME kind of
>splitting anyway. What would it take to do this?

I would recommend the following breakdown:

comp.sys.next.os
comp.sys.next.apps
comp.sys.next.network
comp.sys.next.hardware
comp.sys.next.dimension
comp.sys.next.forsale
comp.sys.next.culture    (for speculation about SJ, etc.)

Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651

sdaniels@math (Scott Danielson) (03/22/91)

--

I second that.... I can not keep up with this group.....
|Scott W. Danielson             Math Dept Computer Operation Group (M-COG)|