[comp.sys.next] B-land delays.

hardinp@prism.cs.orst.edu (Paul Hardin) (03/22/91)

Hi,
    I was expecting to get my cube from Business Land last monday (3/12/91).
After waiting a week I called UPS to find out what the shipping delay would be
and was told that they would guarentee delivary in two working days. Hearing
this I contacted Norm Gilbert (or tried to). I finaly got through to him today.
We had an interesting conversation about the cause of delay and he asked me to
post the high points of the converstion to the network. Here it is:

    Due to several errors on the part of Business Land they have about 13 cubes
with no ODs in them. They also have no ODs to put in them. NeXT is not currently
supplying drives to anyone and has left B-land to solve the problem themselves.
Norm said that he is in the process of contactiong Cannon to try to get some
drives from them. If you have a computer on order you will get it as soon as
B-land can find and instal an optical drive. Norm assures me that all orders
will be honored.

    My question is, they have had my money for almost a month now and I am
unsure of how long a leash I should give them. I would welcome mail from any
one with strong opinions on this subject.  8^)
|***********************************************************************|
|  Paul Hardin  		*					|
|  NeXT sys admin OSU CS	*  "Thank God we don't get all the      |
|				*     government we pay for."           |
|  hardinp@prism.cs.orst.edu	*	  Will Rodgers                  |
|***********************************************************************|

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (03/22/91)

In article <hardinp.669600256@prism> hardinp@prism.cs.orst.edu (Paul Hardin) writes:

>    My question is, they have had my money for almost a month now and I am

I bought mine with a credit card.  I wasn't charged until it was ready.
I never use cash in a mail order situation.  I like to have my credit card
company settle disputes since they can ALWAYS get your money back if you
are right in a dispute.

>unsure of how long a leash I should give them. I would welcome mail from any
How patient are you?  I'm not real patient.  I didn't want to wait 4wks
to get mine and thats how long they told me it would take.  Now I find
myself waiting for an upgrade longer than I waited to get the machine.

--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */