[comp.sys.next] Mail preferences

matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) (03/22/91)

Does anybody know how to either get the Send window to wrap at column 80
instead of it's current setting (72?)?  Or, alternatively, is there any way
to get Mail to remember the dimensions of the Send window?  It remembers the
mailboxes just fine, but that doesn't help me much.

I did the gdb trick (neat!) but didn't see any applicable options.

Thanks for any help.
------
Mike Matthews, matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (NeXT)/matthews@umdd (bitnet)
------
Bradley's Bromide:
If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee...
 that will do them in.

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (03/22/91)

In article <8303@umd5.umd.edu>
  matthews@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) writes:
>Does anybody know how to either get the Send window to wrap at column 80
>instead of it's current setting (72?)?

I also want this option.  I looked through all the strings in
the Mail app to see if there is any undocumented dwrite option
for controlling this.  I found none.

Without such an option, non-NeXT mails from NeXT machines will
get bad reputation of being really UGLY with interleaved
short and long lines.

This is not much of a problem when you type in a message, but
it is when you paste in text from other mails which are
formatted with line length >72.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu