[comp.sys.next] BusinessLand flame

bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) (03/21/91)

I have heard from a good source that as of last Friday, NeXT no longer
has a "business relationship" with BusinessLand. Big surprise there, for
all the "satisfied" (rife with sarcasm) customers they have.

You have to admire BL's hiring policy, though. They ONLY hire the learning
disabled.

Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (03/22/91)

In article <CNH5730.91Mar20163600@maraba.tamu.edu> cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu writes:
>In article <1991Mar20.171925.24423@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu> bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) writes:
>   I have heard from a good source that as of last Friday, NeXT no longer
>   has a "business relationship" with BusinessLand.
>
>Judging from the quality of the post, I'd say the source was probably
>that guy who sets up that card table on the corner and plays that game
>where you have to guess under which of the three shells the little pea
>is hiding.
>
>   Big surprise there, for
>   all the "satisfied" (rife with sarcasm) customers they have.
>
>Judging from an informal poll of the posts to c.s.n from B'Land
>customers, I'd say the satisfied customers outnumber the dissatisfied
>hands-down. But don't take my word for it, go back and re-read all the

I'm a satisfied customer.  My OD started getting ECC errors. I took the
disk back to B'Land and they gave me a new one.  Mind you they didn't
ask for the old one back.  I took it home, once I got my WREN formatted
I initilized the disk and no problems.  I now have a spare disk for
backup.

Noe if only their support was that good. Nahhh, never mind I get it at my
campus bookstore anyway.

>   Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
>   email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651

           KeNT - A NeXT at home, stand alone is difinitely KILLER!!!
--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */

sparkie@picard.cs.wisc.edu (Mark J. Horn) (03/22/91)

In article <CNH5730.91Mar20163600@maraba.tamu.edu> cnh5730@maraba.tamu.edu writes:
>In article <1991Mar20.171925.24423@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu> bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) writes:
>   I have heard from a good source that as of last Friday, NeXT no longer
>   has a "business relationship" with BusinessLand.
>
>Judging from the quality of the post, I'd say the source was probably
>that guy who sets up that card table on the corner and plays that game
>where you have to guess under which of the three shells the little pea
>is hiding.

Independant of the quality of the post, this part of the information is
accurate.  I was there when Bill heard directly from our NeXT representative
that NeXT no longer had _any_ relationship with B'Land.

I'm not trying to be argumentative.  I'm just attempting to validate some
accurate information - so no flames, please!

- sparkie
--
 ___  ___  ___  ___  _  _  _  ___
/ __\| . \/ . \| . \| |/ /|_|| _ |	sparkie@picard.cs.wisc.edu

mitroo@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Varun Mitroo) (03/23/91)

I'd just like to put in that my experiences with BusinessLand have been
very pleasant.  They may not have the most technically knowledgable staff,
but they have been very professional.  I bought a demo cube from them last
November, and there have been a few minor problems with it.  I have never
felt that BusinessLand had dumped me with a problematic machine.

Personally, I feel that there have been many more happy customers of BLand
than unhappy.

Varun Mitroo
mitroo@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu