[comp.sys.next] Has anyone got CAP 6.0 to run on NeXT

buc@jessica.stanford.edu (Robert Richards) (03/25/91)

I obtained CAP 6.0 from rutgers.EDU by anonymous ftp
(src/cap60.tar.Z), but have been unable to get it to work on my NeXT
cube running 2.0 but with only a 68030 motherboard.

I'm relatively sure its the code, for I used to run CAP5 w/ patches on
the system before I upgraded the OS.  The program "atis" compiles with
many warnings, and the program "atistest" returns with an error.
Furthermore, "aufs" always fails with the error message,

	SrvrRegister for AudreyAufs failed ...

Has anyone been able to get it working?

        Rob Richards
        Supercomputer & Workstation Support Staff
        AIR
	Stanford University

dan@gacvx2.gac.edu (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar25.080659.4310@leland.Stanford.EDU>, buc@jessica.stanford.edu (Robert Richards) writes:

> I obtained CAP 6.0 from rutgers.EDU by anonymous ftp
> (src/cap60.tar.Z), but have been unable to get it to work on my NeXT
> cube running 2.0 but with only a 68030 motherboard.
>
> I'm relatively sure its the code, for I used to run CAP5 w/ patches on
> the system before I upgraded the OS.  The program "atis" compiles with
> many warnings, and the program "atistest" returns with an error.
> Furthermore, "aufs" always fails with the error message,
>
> 	SrvrRegister for AudreyAufs failed ...
>
> Has anyone been able to get it working?

>         Rob Richards
>         Supercomputer & Workstation Support Staff
>         AIR
> 	Stanford University

I have been running 6.0 for about a week.  I had to tweek the m4.setup file by
hand to emliminate some things not supported on the NeXT.  If you would like a
copy of the m4.setup file I would be glad to send it to you.

--
Dan Boehlke                    Internet:  dan@gac.edu
Campus Network Manager         BITNET:    dan@gacvax1.bitnet