[comp.sys.next] SCSI-2 Cable

ja2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jinmo Ahn) (01/17/91)

    My Nextstation has arrived.  I believe this is the second shipment
our school has received.  Thanks to helpful campus consultant and Data
Comm guys the 'station is networked and running well.

    I will be adding a external Maxtor 660, I am looking for sources for
the scsi-2 to scsi-1 cable.  Preferably, I need a source who can ship
this cable immidiately.

Thanks.

Carnegie Mellon University
jim@stealth.andrew.cmu.edu(NeXT)
ja2f+@andrew.cmu.edu

timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Tim Burnett) (03/26/91)

I am in desperate need of a SCSI-2 to SCSI-1 connector for my NeXT. I
have been told that it is the same as the one on the Sparcstation.

The cable consists of a male 50 pin (2 row) small D Connector to a
standard SCSI Centronics male connector.

If there is anyone out there that knows where I can get this cable
immediately (Not in 2 weeks, etc...) I'd appreciate it if they could
get in touch asap.

Since I will have this resolved by next Friday one way or the other,
I won't need any information after 4/6/91

Matthew Huff                   E-Mail:
Home Phone: 512-339-4716         Internet: timbur@daisy.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Work Phone:
  Texas: 1-800-580-8584
  Other: 1-800-866-8582

In article <46158@ut-emx.uucp> I wrote:

>I am in desperate need of a SCSI-2 to SCSI-1 connector for my NeXT. I
>have been told that it is the same as the one on the Sparcstation.

>Since I will have this resolved by next Friday one way or the other,
>I won't need any information after 4/6/91

Just to follow up on it:

1) NextConnection doesn't have any SCSI-2 cables either. They are out
and don't expect any until 2 weeks.

2) I would love to build one. Don't mind it a bit. Can't find the 50 pin
(2-row) connector anywhere. No one has ever heard of it.

John Garnett suggested ADS, I will try them tomorrow.

Matthew Huff                   E-Mail:
Home Phone: 512-339-4716         Internet: timbur@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Work Phone:
  Texas: 1-800-580-8584