[comp.sys.next] MATLAB for the NEXT

reuter@cod.NOSC.MIL (Michael Reuter) (03/29/91)

I don't regularly read this group but I'm posting this for a friend with a
NEXT.  We are curious if MathWorks Inc. is planning on putting out a version
of MATLAB for the NEXT.  If not, does anyone know the reason?

If this topic has been discussed recently, please e-mail your reply.
Thanks.
--

reuter@cod.nosc.mil

pulliam@nas.nasa.gov (Thomas Pulliam) (03/29/91)

In article <2957@cod.NOSC.MIL> reuter@cod.NOSC.MIL (Michael Reuter) writes:

>>   From: reuter@cod.NOSC.MIL (Michael Reuter)
>>   Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
>>   Date: 28 Mar 91 23:28:10 GMT
>>
>>   I don't regularly read this group but I'm posting this for a friend with a
>>   NEXT.  We are curious if MathWorks Inc. is planning on putting out a version
>>   of MATLAB for the NEXT.  If not, does anyone know the reason?
>>
>>   If this topic has been discussed recently, please e-mail your reply.
>>   Thanks.
>>   --
>>
>>   reuter@cod.nosc.mil

   I have been in contact with MathWorks and untill they see a
significant market for MATLB on the NeXT thay are not inclined to get
a version going.  I will say that with X and using another CPU (i.e.
one with MATLAB) you get get the graphics funtionality, (but this is
quite distastful).  So all of you out there in net land, give
MathWorks a call or letter clammering for MATLAB.

             *********************
             *                   *
             *      You're       *
             *                   *
             *       In A        *
             *                   *
             *       Box !       *
             *             @1990 *

   +  Thomas H. Pulliam                   +
   +  MS 202A-1 NASA Ames Research Center +
   +  Moffett Field, Ca  94035            +
   +  (415) 604-6417                      +
   +  pulliam@wk214.nas.nasa.gov          +
   +  pulliam@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov        +

Blue Whales with Peace and Farewell