[net.auto] alfa-romeo alfetta

vuser@druhi.UUCP (GerardenC) (01/04/86)

Can someone out there tell me about alfa-romeo alfetta gt's, I would
be interested in what a fair price would be . The car in question
has some body rust around the windows and inside the engine compartment
fender wells. the interior is trashed also. The engine runs well and the
drivetrain,suspension and tires are in good shape. do most alfa's
have a rust problem?. Here in colorado rust is rarely a problem, I can
only assume this is an out of state car. The person selling the car is ask-
ing $2500.00 I have offered about 1900.00. The car needs new paint and
interior. The car is a 76 model . Any info would be helpful.

					chuck gerarden
				ihnp4!drutx!druhi!vuser

rdz@ccice6.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (01/09/86)

In article <90@druhi.UUCP>, vuser@druhi.UUCP (GerardenC) writes:
> The car in question
> has some body rust around the windows and inside the engine compartment
> fender wells.
> do most alfa's
> have a rust problem?. Here in colorado rust is rarely a problem, I can
> only assume this is an out of state car.

Most Italian cars have been notorious rust buckets.  I have heard this is
one reason Fiat doesn't bother importing cars anymore.

jimla@tekig5.UUCP (James G. Larsen) (01/12/86)

> Can someone out there tell me about alfa-romeo alfetta gt's, I would
> be interested in what a fair price would be . The car in question
> has some body rust around the windows and inside the engine compartment
> fender wells. the interior is trashed also. The engine runs well and the
> drivetrain,suspension and tires are in good shape. do most alfa's
> have a rust problem?. Here in colorado rust is rarely a problem, I can
> only assume this is an out of state car. The person selling the car is ask-
> ing $2500.00 I have offered about 1900.00. The car needs new paint and
> interior. The car is a 76 model . Any info would be helpful.
>
> 					chuck gerarden
> 				ihnp4!drutx!druhi!vuser

Your offer sounds appropriate.  My 75 Alfetta GT has rust spots at the lower
corners of front and rear windows, a common problem.  No rust elsewhere.
It has spent
all its life in Oregon.  The car has excellent handling due to
independent rear suspension and 50-50 weight distribution.  Parts are
expensived but relatively easy to get from Seattle or San Francisco.
The rubber donuts in the drive shaft last about 40K miles before self
destructing.  The fuel injected engine holds a tuneup for about 10K
miles.  When the injection pump expires, most owners convert to dual
webers.  The exhaust systems don't last very long.  I'm on my third
system.  My car with 73K miles is for sale for the best offer over $2K.

Jim Larsen