[comp.sys.next] Availability of Localtalk

woo@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Alex Woo RAA) (03/29/91)

I seem to remember a rumor about Appletalk support for NeXT's.
Does anyone know when or if this will occur?

Alex Woo
woo@ames.arc.nasa.gov

Alex Woo, MS 227-6          |	woo@ames.arc.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center	|	NASAMAIL	ACWOO
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000|	{seismo,topaz,lll-crg,ucbvax}!
Phone: (415) 604-6010       |	ames!pioneer!woo
  {hplabs,hao,att,decwrl,allegra,tektronix,menlo70}!ames!pioneer!woo

bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar28.174959.29305@riacs.edu> woo@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Alex Woo RAA) writes:

>I seem to remember a rumor about Appletalk support for NeXT's.
>Does anyone know when or if this will occur?

I heard from a NeXT sales person that it WOULD happen, but he hinted that
next would not be the ones to do it. He also seems to hint that it would
come out around years end.

At least that's what i thought he said.

Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
email: bill@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu bill@wiscpsl.bitnet   /  (608)-873-6651