[comp.sys.next] floppy drive

trims@athena.mit.edu (Erik G Trimble) (03/30/91)

Does any one know a source for the NeXT floppy drive INTERNAL VERSION??
NeXTworld says the model used in the NeXT is a Sony MXP-111N.
I'd like to find one to stick in my '030 cube. (Those stupid
externals are just too expensive)
Barring that, does anyone know where I can get any other NeXT-compatable
2.88 internal floppy drives?

-Erik

please email me and I will summerize for the Net.
trims@athena.mit.edu

*   All characters portrayed are fictional. Any similarities to real    *
*   persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.                    *
*              - Disclaimer at end of The Terminator                    *
*   I'll be back  - Arnold Schwartnegger                                *
*   I shall return   -  Gen. Douglas McArthur                           *

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.232611.7612@athena.mit.edu> trims@athena.mit.edu (Erik G Trimble) writes:

>Does any one know a source for the NeXT floppy drive INTERNAL VERSION??
>NeXTworld says the model used in the NeXT is a Sony MXP-111N.
>I'd like to find one to stick in my '030 cube. (Those stupid
>externals are just too expensive)
>Barring that, does anyone know where I can get any other NeXT-compatable
>2.88 internal floppy drives?

Don't get Sony MXP-11N for 030 cube.
That drive is not SCSI, and 030 CPU board doesn't have the
circuitry and connector for it.
Sorry this is not the answer to your Q.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu