[comp.sys.next] Mix third party 120ns SIMM with NeXT's SIMM ?

ty@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) (03/30/91)

Hi,
Is it ok to replace a Dead SIMM(120ns) by third party' SIMM which
is also 120ns ? It seems OK to me, just make sure.

Thanks for your answer

Tyng-Jing Yang

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (03/31/91)

In article <TY.91Mar29124738@springs.cis.ufl.edu> ty@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) writes:
>Hi,
>Is it ok to replace a Dead SIMM(120ns) by third party' SIMM which
>is also 120ns ? It seems OK to me, just make sure.

I wonder where all this 120ns RAM crap is coming from. As far as I
know should the speed of NeXT memory be at least 100ns. I for my part
put 70ns in there, but that was a while ago when I wanted to make sure
that the additional memory I bought would run also with the 040 board.

Ronald

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."   G.B. Shaw   |  rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet

ty@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Tyng-Jing Yang) (03/31/91)

Hi,

Sorry for the wrong statement about NeXT's 120ns SIMM .
I read that 120ns number when I first started up my 040 upgrade.
May be I was too happy to misread that number. Anyway I'm turely
wrong because I rebooted my machine and the number is 100ns.

Jing