[comp.sys.next] Xnext help again

frank@urz.unibas.ch (04/02/91)

It's me again, sorry, BUT ...
our system killed all news at the end of the month before I could read the

First many thanks to Ronald C.F. Antony and Ron Christian for their answers.

Ron I am using McGill's mouse-X. I am running 2.0 on a monochrome slab.
I assumed that the left button would be that, the right the right button and
the middle both simultaneously, but somehow this doesn't work.
Maybe it's because I'm connecting to a DecWindows client?
Whatever the case, I can press any buttons in any way, the response is always
the same as when I press the left mouse button on the  DecServer.

Thnk's again for your answers.

-Robert

.______________________________________________________________________________.
|                                                                              |
| _____   __  _____       Robert Frank                                         |
|   |    /      |         Institut fuer Informatik                             |
|   |    |      |         University of Basel, Switzerland                     |
|   |   -+-     |                                                              |
|   |    |      |         Mittlere Strasse 142                                 |
| __|__  |    __|__       CH-4056 Basel                                        |
|                                                                              |
| frank@urz.unibas.ch     tel. + (061) 321 99 67    fax + (061) 321 99 15      |
|______________________________________________________________________________|

howie@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Howie Kaye) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr2.094325.1478@urz.unibas.ch> frank@urz.unibas.ch writes:

>Ron I am using McGill's mouse-X. I am running 2.0 on a monochrome slab.
>I assumed that the left button would be that, the right the right button and
>the middle both simultaneously, but somehow this doesn't work.
>Maybe it's because I'm connecting to a DecWindows client?
>Whatever the case, I can press any buttons in any way, the response is always
>the same as when I press the left mouse button on the  DecServer.

You have to run /NextApps/Preferences, and enable the second mouse button.

Howie Kaye				howie@columbia.edu
Columbia University 			hlkcu@cuvma.bitnet
UNIX Systems Group			...!rutgers!columbia!howie