[comp.sys.next] kermit won't recognize escape sequence

wilson@mimsy.umd.edu (Anne Wilson) (04/05/91)

Help!  I can't seem to get kermit to recognize its escape
sequences.  It connects to my remote site properly, but I'm
unable to escape back to my local kermit.  I've tried cntl-\,
cntl-], and other random junk.  Is it my modem settings?
Is it my keyboard mapping (I haven't changed anything since
I got my Station)?  Is it *ME*???

Anne

igelkott@athena.mit.edu (Wesley R Schaal) (04/05/91)

In article <32470@mimsy.umd.edu> wilson@mimsy.umd.edu (Anne Wilson) writes:
>Help!  I can't seem to get kermit to recognize its escape
>sequences.  It connects to my remote site properly, but I'm
>unable to escape back to my local kermit.  I've tried cntl-\,
>cntl-], and other random junk.  Is it my modem settings?
>Is it my keyboard mapping (I haven't changed anything since
>I got my Station)?  Is it *ME*???
>
>Anne

Doesn't work for me either. It probably is due to a keyboard mapping defect,
but I just avoid the problem with the following:

Type into Kermit (or your .kermrc file)

	set esc 28

Now you should be able to escape back with ^]

nether@wpi.WPI.EDU (Joel C Belog) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr5.043121.1575@athena.mit.edu> igelkott@athena.mit.edu (Wesley R Schaal) writes:
>In article <32470@mimsy.umd.edu> wilson@mimsy.umd.edu (Anne Wilson) writes:
>>Help!  I can't seem to get kermit to recognize its escape
>>sequences.  It connects to my remote site properly, but I'm
>>unable to escape back to my local kermit.  I've tried cntl-\,
>>cntl-], and other random junk.  Is it my modem settings?
>>Is it my keyboard mapping (I haven't changed anything since
>>I got my Station)?  Is it *ME*???
>>
>>Anne
>
>Doesn't work for me either. It probably is due to a keyboard mapping defect,
>but I just avoid the problem with the following:
>
>Type into Kermit (or your .kermrc file)
>
>	set esc 28
>
>Now you should be able to escape back with ^]

In my experiences with kermit, to escape you need two key-strokes,
firs cntrl-] ( or cntrl-[) and then press the key "c"
unless you changed it.

hope this works ....

joel
internet: nether@wpi.wpi.edu