[comp.sys.next] Let's buy the GNU sources from NeXT.

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (04/05/91)

If we all chipped in, we could buy the GNU sources from NeXT and post
them at an ftp site.  How much does it cost?  $150?  Someone could pay
extra and get an optical disk for cheap.  Any takers?  10 bucks a
piece.

-Mike

waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu (04/05/91)

In article <3!9Gj5bh1@cs.psu.edu>, melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

> If we all chipped in, we could buy the GNU sources from NeXT and post
> them at an ftp site.  How much does it cost?  $150?  Someone could pay
> extra and get an optical disk for cheap.  Any takers?  10 bucks a
> piece.
>
> -Mike

waltrip@capd.jhuapl.edu (04/06/91)

	Arrrrrgh!  This is the second or third time our news reader has
	chopped off my inputs to a follow up post.  I can only speculate that
	the news reader was too embarassed by the quality of my post to send it
	out!!!

	Well, I'm going to try to fool it so here goes again...

writes:

> If we all chipped in, we could buy the GNU sources from NeXT and post
> them at an ftp site.  How much does it cost?  $150?  Someone could pay
> extra and get an optical disk for cheap.  Any takers?  10 bucks a
> piece.
>
> -Mike
	I'd rather see a reference set of the GNU sources posted by FSF that
	other archive sites could retrieve and make available.  This seems to
	work pretty well for other FSF software and I see no compelling reason
	for departure.

	However, if NeXT and FSF were agreeable to this approach (as the two
	most interested parties) I'd kick in $10.

c.f.waltrip

Internet:  <waltrip@capsrv.jhuapl.edu>

Opinions expressed are my own.