[comp.sys.next] Perl 4.0 for NeXT

jnjortn@cs.sandia.gov (Jeffrey N. Jortner) (04/06/91)

Has anyone gotten Perl running on a NeXT ?
I am trying to install it and am not sure
what to answer for some of the Configuration
questions( particularly: where is your C
library ?). I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

			Jeff Jortner

abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Vic Abell) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr5.180440.973@cs.sandia.gov> jnjortn@cs.sandia.gov (Jeffrey N. Jortner) writes:
>Has anyone gotten Perl running on a NeXT ?
>I am trying to install it and am not sure
>what to answer for some of the Configuration
>questions( particularly: where is your C
>library ?). I would appreciate any help.

I installed Perl 4.0, patch level 0 under NeXTStep 2.0 today.  The C
library is /lib/libsys_s.a (yet another candidate for the FAQ).  I
accepted the defaults for all other questions, except, of course,
for naming the bin, lib and man destinations.  All verification tests
ran correctly.