[comp.sys.next] mouse-x inquires

lclarke@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Lawrence Clarke) (04/06/91)

Some questions regarding mouse-x ...

How do I run an X-window application off a remote host, on my NeXT,
running mouse-x ?

(we have a plotting program on our DECstation 3100/Ultrix
 hostname = decu04  program_name = /usr/local/pplot  )

what command would i use and what would be the syntax of the command line?

Some mentioned before when using xman to view the man pages, and scrolling
up and down the window, the xman program crashes. Any fixes yet ?

 *  lawrence_clarke@questor.uucp  |  c/o TRIUMF Operations Group     *
 *  larry@erich.triumf.ca         |  University of British Columbia  *
 *  Compuserve: 70441,1776        |  4004 Wesbrook Mall              *
 *  Phone: +1 604 275-5902        |  Vancouver, British Columbia     *
 *  FAX:   +1 604 275-4184        |  Canada  V6T 2A3                 *

frank@urz.unibas.ch (04/08/91)

In article <Dg9ZZ1w164w@questor.wimsey.bc.ca>, lclarke@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Lawrence Clarke) writes:
> Some questions regarding mouse-x ...
>
> How do I run an X-window application off a remote host, on my NeXT,
> running mouse-x ?
>
> (we have a plotting program on our DECstation 3100/Ultrix
>  hostname = decu04  program_name = /usr/local/pplot  )
>
> what command would i use and what would be the syntax of the command line?
>
> Some mentioned before when using xman to view the man pages, and scrolling
> up and down the window, the xman program crashes. Any fixes yet ?

To run the client application on the remote host and view the output on the
NeXT, you must either define the DISPLAY environment variable to route the
output to your machine (hostname:0.0) or specify the -d hostname:0.0 option
on the command line when staring the remote program. See the X(1) manual page.

-Robert
.______________________________________________________________________________.
| _____   __  _____       Robert Frank                                         |
|   |    /      |         Institut fuer Informatik                             |
|   |    |      |         University of Basel, Switzerland                     |
|   |    |      |         Mittlere Strasse 142                                 |
| __|__  |    __|__       CH-4056 Basel                                        |
| frank@urz.unibas.ch     tel. + (061) 321 99 67    fax + (061) 321 99 15      |