[comp.sys.next] Low End NeXT

sulistio@futon.SFSU.EDU (Sulistio Muljadi) (04/03/91)

Regarding the '030 stuff, does anybody know what NeXT is going to do with
your old '030 board that you returned it to NeXT?
Who know they have plan with that '030 to make the lowest end of NeXT.
--
Mul			    |  Alt. address: sulistio@sutro.sfsu.edu
sulistio@futon.sfsu.edu	    |		     sulistio@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr5.075135.23325@cs.ubc.ca> sritchie@cs.ubc.ca (Stuart Ritchie) writes:
>machine with slower CPU" I do not agree with at all.  Don't
>forget how badly the 030 cube was criticized for poor perceived
>performance.  The last thing NeXT needs is another target for
>cheap shots from other vendors.

Well, most of the bad performance was lack of RAM and no decent HD. So
if 16MB and a 105MB HD would be the minimal config, that would be ok.

Ronald
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."   G.B. Shaw   |  rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet