[comp.sys.next] need a better Date

cortesi@informix.com (David Cortesi) (04/06/91)

Is there a calendar application better than the Date program that
comes in /NextDeveloper/Demos?  Its functions are handy but it has
serious bugs that make it unusable.  I checked the index at Purdue
and nothing appeared by name to be a calendar/datebook...

jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) (04/07/91)

In article <1991Apr5.234513.17783@informix.com> cortesi@informix.com (David Cortesi) writes:
>Is there a calendar application better than the Date program that
>comes in /NextDeveloper/Demos?  Its functions are handy but it has
>serious bugs that make it unusable.  I checked the index at Purdue
>and nothing appeared by name to be a calendar/datebook...

	Yeah! A chance to plug my own software. <smirk>
	Try Cassandra in Purdue. Yeah, yeah "Stupid name for a date
program..." What about "Stuart" then. (Sorry Scott!)
	Cassandra provides your basic date program and some extra
kitchen-sink features (like a Mac style notebook and calculator).
It's shareware, though, $20 for non-academic users.
	Oh, a known bug: In v1.4a which is on the FTP servers, the
Week Window will not work unless you have at least one (1) event
in the event queue. A fix has been distributed to the registered
users (you know who you are and if you haven't heard from me, your
e-mail address is not current in my database, please e-mail back
to me). :-)

	- jiro

ps. Just so I'm not self-advertising too much. The two other commercial
applications that might fit your ticket are: Calendoscope (by looking
glass software, it's $95 (according to NextWorld)), this is much more
powerful than Cassandra but has a (in my opinion) garish interface. And
then there is "Who's Calling?" by Adamation, this is a really great
package, I got to play with it once. It is your basic secretary in an
application. It's $495. You get what you pay for. :-(

--
Jiro Nakamura				jiro@shaman.com
Shaman Consulting			(607) 253-0687 VOICE

irv@happym.WA.COM (Irving_Wolfe) (04/10/91)

There's also the very complete "remind" package that's neither commercial nor
shareware, just good, honest free software for anyone who's not so brain-dead
that even inherently non-graphical applications have to be made graphical for
him.

--
 Irving_Wolfe@happym.wa.com      Happy Man Corp. 206/463-9399 x101
 4410 SW Pt. Robinson Rd., Vashon Island, WA  98070-7399  fax x108