[comp.sys.next] detex/ispell/emacs

paul@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu (Paul Sanchez) (04/10/91)

I recently tried porting the ispell spelling checker to use on TeX
under emacs.  There's a supplemental program called detex, which
strips out most of the TeX formatting commands.  Detex is supplied as
a lex file along with .h and Makefile.  This version runs fine for me
on BSD4.3, and compiles on the NeXT, but then dies with the message
"Bus error" when I try to run it.

Has anyone succeeded in getting ispell/detex going?
--paul
paul@tucson.sie.arizona.edu
paul@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu

hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu (Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy)) (04/10/91)

In article <PAUL.91Apr9145342@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu> paul@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu (Paul Sanchez) writes:

>>   I recently tried porting the ispell spelling checker to use on TeX
>>   under emacs.  There's a supplemental program called detex, which
>>   strips out most of the TeX formatting commands.  Detex is supplied as
>>   a lex file along with .h and Makefile.  This version runs fine for me
>>   on BSD4.3, and compiles on the NeXT, but then dies with the message
>>   "Bus error" when I try to run it.
>>
>>   Has anyone succeeded in getting ispell/detex going?
I have ispell running without any problems; no detex though (i was not
aware of its existence; I have most of the TeX commands i use
incorporated in my ispell.words; given the dictionary's ignorance of
technical terms anyway this is not too much overhead.
Did someone make ispell run with Webster (or the WriteNowDictionary)
as source for buildhash?

Greetings,
Hardy
			  -------****-------
Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy);  Department of Physics, University of California
Irvine CA 92717; (714) 856 5543; hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu or MMAYER@UCI.BITNET

simmons@rigel.neep.wisc.edu (Kim Simmons) (04/10/91)

   From: paul@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu (Paul Sanchez)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
   Date: 9 Apr 91 19:53:42 GMT

   I recently tried porting the ispell spelling checker to use on TeX
   under emacs.  There's a supplemental program called detex, which
   strips out most of the TeX formatting commands.  Detex is supplied as
   a lex file along with .h and Makefile.  This version runs fine for me
   on BSD4.3, and compiles on the NeXT, but then dies with the message
   "Bus error" when I try to run it.

   Has anyone succeeded in getting ispell/detex going?
   --paul
   paul@tucson.sie.arizona.edu
   paul@aqua.ccit.arizona.edu

I have ispell/detex running on the NeXT 2.0. I can post to
sonata.cc.purdue.edu within the NeXT day or two. I'll also include
instructions on what to put in your .emacs (at least what works for me).
    Internet:      simmons@rigel.neep.wisc.edu
    Othernet:      simmons@hoofers.lake.mendota
According to the HitchHikers guide to the galaxy, the one thing we
 *cannot* afford to have is a sense of perspective.