[comp.sys.next] recent 88k speculations

matt@karazm.math.uh.edu (Matt Emerson) (04/11/91)

In article <q_5Gx84m1@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:
>What is the chip in the new Data General Aviions?  Moto. has made some
>grandiose claims about what they are going to do with the Motorola
>line, but that is a couple of years down the road.  I hope NeXT is
>getting a good deal because MIPSs processors are better.  They give
>the performance results that they claim.
>
>-Mike

Mike is obviously a mips aficionado. :-)  However, arguing over whose chip is
better, or who makes the best keyboard, or which way one should put the
toilet paper on the holder is not really of very much use.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. Let's reserve our judgement until
we see the goods.

--
Matt Emerson
matt@karazm.math.uh.edu