[comp.sys.next] Envelopes in the NeXTPrinter

mahesh@caradhras.cc.nd.edu (Mahesh "BigMan" Subramanya) (04/11/91)

Is there anyone out there using the NeXTPrinter on envelopes??
I've found out that the Printer will very happily accept envelopes
as manually fed, but if you stack 'em up in the paper trya, you
are guarenteed a "Paper Jam" message.

Anyone managed to get the Printer to feed from the paper tray?
How??

Thanx

Mahesh Subramanya                     INTERNET: mahesh@darwin.cc.nd.edu
Senior Analyst
Office of University Computing
University of Notre Dame              Voice:    (219) 239-5600  x6421
Notre Dame,  IN  46556

charlie@wam.umd.edu (Charles William Fletcher) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr11.145315.24194@news.nd.edu> mahesh@caradhras.cc.nd.edu (Mahesh "BigMan" Subramanya) writes:
>Is there anyone out there using the NeXTPrinter on envelopes??
>I've found out that the Printer will very happily accept envelopes
>as manually fed, but if you stack 'em up in the paper trya, you
>are guarenteed a "Paper Jam" message.
>
>Anyone managed to get the Printer to feed from the paper tray?
>How??

Yeah- I had the same problem. I found that if you reduce the stack
to about 10-12 envelopes (depending on how "airy" they are) they will
go though from the tray without problem. Not a great fix but it
(almost) beats using the manual feed.

Maybe putting a book on top of a stack of envelopes would help
flatten them and more could be placed in the tray-aaahhhh, at last
a use for "The NeXT Bible"!

Charlie