[comp.sys.next] I want to buy a used NeXT

bb@math.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) (04/10/91)

I want to buy a used NeXT.

I was intending to purchase one of the used BusinessLand cubes, but I
waited a few weeks too long for my money situation to firm up, and
they were all sold out.  Therefore I am in the immediate market for a
similar deal.  I would be most interested in an OD-only, '030 cube for
around $2,300 to $2,700, but other configurations would interest me as
well.

If you bought a used BusinessLand cube and find you can't keep up with
the payments (I've seen a couple posts like that already), then let me
bail you out.

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo."
Brian Bartholomew	UUCP:       ...gatech!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!bb

cafe@cbnewse.att.com (richard.dib) (04/11/91)

In article <BB.91Apr9182237@leadbelly.math.ufl.edu>, bb@math.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) writes:

> I want to buy a used NeXT.
>
> I was intending to purchase one of the used BusinessLand cubes, but I
> waited a few weeks too long for my money situation to firm up, and
> they were all sold out.  Therefore I am in the immediate market for a
> similar deal.  I would be most interested in an OD-only, '030 cube for
> around $2,300 to $2,700, but other configurations would interest me as
> well.

I give $3000.00!!  (I just don't think there is somebody crazy
enough to sell a cube for that price) ;)

Richard

PS My offer is real!  ;)

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr11.021855.18791@cbnewse.att.com> cafe@cbnewse.att.com (richard.dib) writes:
>In article <BB.91Apr9182237@leadbelly.math.ufl.edu>, bb@math.ufl.edu (Brian Bartholomew) writes:
>>
>> I want to buy a used NeXT.
>>
>> I was intending to purchase one of the used BusinessLand cubes, but I
>> waited a few weeks too long for my money situation to firm up, and
>> they were all sold out.  Therefore I am in the immediate market for a
>> similar deal.  I would be most interested in an OD-only, '030 cube for
>> around $2,300 to $2,700, but other configurations would interest me as
>> well.
>>
>I give $3000.00!!  (I just don't think there is somebody crazy
>enough to sell a cube for that price) ;)

I don't think so either.   The OD option on a new cube is $3000.  People
that bought through B'land fire sale got a hell of a deal, me included.
I got mine for $2600 a WREN IV (330MB) for $475 and mu software/harware
upgrade for $1200, extra 4Mb of memory. Total price ~$4600 including tax.

Anyone want to buy a '040 330MB cube w/OD and 3 disks and 12MB of mem for,
hmmmmm, lets sa lets say $7500.  8-)

Just joking!   My NeXT IS NOT for sale, I think.   But for the right price
it could be gone.

Just think, I could sell my cube and buy a NeXTstation color. 8-)
Hmmmmmmm, just thinking.

--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */