[comp.sys.next] Shipping Times?

prie@escher.cc.rochester.edu (Tod Rieger) (04/08/91)

Someone else is posting this article for me because my access to the
Usenet is Read-only.  I'll probably be able to see any replies posted,
but I'd rather you mail them to me directly (addresses below).

Here's my question:
     How long did it take you to get your '040 machine (alternately,
     how long have you been waiting for your '040 machine)?  I've
     heard some horror stories about long waits and I'm hoping to
     ease my mind a little.

Thanks.

Tim Buck (timbuck@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu or jbuck@vtssi.vt.edu)

jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) (04/12/91)

In article <13236@ur-cc.UUCP> prie@escher.cc.rochester.edu (Tod Rieger) writes:
>Here's my question:
>     How long did it take you to get your '040 machine (alternately,
>     how long have you been waiting for your '040 machine)?  I've
>     heard some horror stories about long waits and I'm hoping to
>     ease my mind a little.

	I think I have the record for *quick* service. 7 days total from
placing the order to getting my sticky little paws on the machine.
	Thanks Cornell! Thanks NeXT!

	- Jiro Nakamura
	jiro@shaman.com

ps. Of course, I cheated. Cornell had just placed a big order for 040
upgrades and had some extra space for my ones. Still, it *was* quick.

pps. Now if only if the order for 2.1 was that quick.....
--
Jiro Nakamura				jiro@shaman.com
Shaman Consulting			(607) 253-0687 VOICE